Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

At Last My Grand Masterpiece Is Ready For Operation !!!


It was a great relief when my Bidor Grand Masterpiece was put into its operation mode yesterday.

It was nicely designed, revamped and  decorated.

The smell of this newest BH in Malaysia is superb.  The moment you entered the staircase area, you can smell the pungent aroma of swiftlet bird shit rotting away as if the BH was in operation for two to three years.

The owner during his handover tour confirmed that the smell was similar to his friend BH which was in operation for more than 5 years.

"Yah Pak Harry, I can smell those aroma as if I am entering a BH operated more than 5 years.  Exactly the same smell when I entered my friend's BH in Gurun."

He was very lucky since I got this new idea of harvesting new and fresh bird shit from BHs that have lots of birds staying.

I used those plastic mat and laid on the floor for about 1 month, collect them and transferred to my Grand Masterpiece.

I also showed him all the things that I have implemented and assured him that he should be proud to have such an elaborate and nicely designed BH.

"Doc, you can be rest assured that you BH is the most well decorated BH ever in Malaysia.  If you ever visit any other BHs yours is still the best, in terms of internal design.  However now we need to depend on those birds to make their decision to stay or not to stay."

I told him to keep the candle or joss sticks on fire and pray that there will some divine intervention to populate his new BH.

"In swiftlet farming you need to have a good heart and help peoples around you.  If this BH is not populated within the next six months don't blame me. "

He smiled told me what he has in mind to help in getting those wild birds to enter and stay.

"Doc I would like the BH to be locked for about 2 months and after that I will come for the first check on the situation."

I know he was very pleased with what I have carried out.  I toiled day and night to organize the erection, the changing of the roof, the opening of the top entrance area, the installation of those nesting planks, the hexagonal on the rooftop, the 800 tweeters inside, the erection of various partitions, the harvesting of those fresh bird shits, the reconditioning of the rooms with Mutiara aroma, mopping the floors, tested the BH sound system for more than 3 days, selection of the best sounds to get as many birds as possible entering the entrance door, the hacking of the floor for LAL and many more.

It was worth every minute of my time and I hope he appreciate my little contribution to his BH.

I hope one day he will remember me as a friend.

A friend who put nearly every drop of his sweat for his love of swiftlet farming.

Now I can take a short rest and prepare for the next BH under duress.

It will be somewhere in Bukit Pelandok, Sepang.








No comments: