Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Bird House With No Nesting Plank!!

I have visited many BHs and I can tell you that some are weired.

Among the many I think this most recently visited was the most weired.

Last week while finishing the Bidor masterpiece, I was  invited to inspect a 1.5 years old located somewhere in the state of  Perak.

 The owner indicated  that the unit was once a shop house but converted into a BH and operated by someone closed to her.

Unfortunately he  passed  away and  now she became the new  owner.

"Harry, I inherited this dis-functioned  BH and I don't know  a thing about swiftlet  farming. Please pardon my brother if he did anything wrong with the BH. It was in operation for 1.5 years and zero nests."

When she uttered those words my head  begin to wonder how bad can this BH be?

The location of the BH was besides two successful BHs.  One on the  left and the other on the right.

Before entering I can see so many bird on thee rooftop in fact every where.

How come this BH after 1.5 years has not a single nest?

The new owner opened the door of the house and I stepped in.

What a big surprise.

My first question, how come there is no nesting planks on the ceiling?

The owner have no answer but told me that it was done by one his brother and he might want to minimize the initial cost of conversion.

I told her that I have never entered any BH in my 10 years of involvement in swiftlet farming where no nesting planks are installed.

If this is wrong the rest goes with it.  The BH was too bright and the number of tweeters were not adequate.

After about 30 minutes plus I told her to take me to the nearest coffee shop and I did my long list of recommendations.

Passed it to her and asked her to follow those recommendations.

I hope she will follow my recommendations.

(Sorry no pictures)

No comments: