Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How to Minimize 90* Nests Production But Maximize The 180* Nests !!!

One of the most common complain of a new BH owner after having his first harvest of let say 100 nests will be as follows:

"Hai ya, nearly all the nests I harvest are 90* shape.  How I wish the next harvest there will me more of the 180*."

The cost of 90* shaped nests are about 1000 ringgit cheaper as compared to those 180* shaped.

It is not because they of less in quality but all in all because of its shape.

90* share have very little attraction to those consumers.  As such you do not have any bargain power to push the value higher.

Once you are in this position you will start thinking "How can I minimize these 90* corners and get more of the 180* shaped nests?"

Maybe this article might be of help to you.

Remember this is just my idea and you must not blame me if you copied and the result is not to your expectation.

Just have a look at the idea and perhaps try to modify it to suit your BH and your requirements.

I am good at generating ideas and willing to share with you, so be thankful for what I am doing.

Okay let me start going step my step.

If you own a BH you need to install those nesting planks, usually meranti merah.

The best recommendation is to use the 30cm X 100 cm box sizes.

Your VIP room will look something like this:

 This standard design was mooted my our friends from the neighboring countries and it works.

But the result is too many 90* corners and the nest value is not that attractive.

What I think you should try to do is to use this design where the crossings are only installed at the perimeter of the VIP room:

 You can see that this new design have more of the crossings at the perimeter of the room ceiling.

The center is free of any crossings.

In this way the chances of getting 180* shape are larger as compared to the 90* shape nests.

If you wish to improve the design you can install the crossing which are removable.

Have a look at this drawing:



Once those birds uses the 90* angles at the removable crossings you might want to remove them selectively.

Once that is done your VIP room nesting planks will have very little 90* crossing thus lesser 90* shape nests.



 How about that?

No comments: