Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A New Project In Bukit Pelanduk. Negeri 9 !!!



Immediately after putting my Grand Masterpiece in Bidor into operation mode I was given a new and more interesting task in N9.

This time the owner wanted to use my knowledge in populating his nearly empty BH in Bukit Pelanduk in the state of Negeri Sembilan.

I believed you remember this place where the Nipah Virus started and spread killing many innocent victims.

I was wondering why it was called Nipah Virus and during my look around the BH I discovery a small town call Kampung Sungai Nipah about 3 kilometres away.

The Nipah Virus seems to be caused by a kind of infection originated from those flying foxes which eats those fruits and once fallen onto the ground being consumed by pigs.

Now I was informed that there is not a single pig farm in the area.  It used to be the largest pig producer at one time.

Any way the first day at site was to plan what needs to be done for this 3 stories BH, each floor was 12 feet high.

From the look at the BH there seems to nothing unusual or wrong both inside and outside.

The only problem it was facing was no nests after more than 2 years into operation.

The good news was that after my last trip I changed the external sound and there were 1.5 nests on the top most floor.

What I have in mind will be something like this:

1) Reactivate the use of the monkey house.

The owner, after listening to his "sifu", decided to shut the monkey house and lowered the entrance hole. I believed that was not the right thing to do and I wanted to proof to him that the monkey house can be used if he knows how to.

2) The entrance holes on the monkey house will be more than 2.

My plan is to open more than 2 entrance on the monkey hole walls.  Each wall will have one entrance hole about 3 feet by 2 feet and 4 feet. I wanted to make sure those birds will choose which ever windows that are facing their flying path.

3) The entrance from the tunnel into the nesting rooms will be relocated.

The current entrance window is making the nesting rooms too bright.  My wise idea is to move them to a better location and will minimize the amount of light entering the rooms.

4) The rooms inside the BH will be more and properly designed.

Currently the partition erected were not suitable to make those wild birds feel less stress or comfort.
My plan will be to create a few more that will make them feel safe and less stress.  I believed that with my new design all the VIP rooms will be about 2 lux or better.

5) Addition tweeters on the rooftop and extra windows.

Let every single swiftlet passing the area, within 2 kilometres radius, knows that we are reopening a place for them to stay. That was what I indicated to the owner.
I will use my new gadgets to get the external sound to reach as far as I can.

6) Will try to force those birds to the Ground Floor.

The only way to force these little creature to the lowest floor is to get them to fly above the LAL and draw them into the VIP rooms.  There are two VIP rooms on the lowest floor.
My key idea is to block their flying path and direct all of them to use the passage above the LAL.

7) Sweet Fresh Bird Shit from a BH with 2000 nests.

I managed to get the owner to place a number of plastic sheets inside his other BH with 2000 nests.  I make a point by cutting those plastic sheet to about 2 feet by 7 feet.
I told him that I need the plastic sheets back within one month.  That will be the number of days I need to put his second BH in proper order.

8) Upgrade his amplifiers.

I wanted to proof my point that my selected amplifiers are better than those cheap quality amplifiers he is currently using.  My preferred amplifier at the moment are the Nikkodo 5201 and Tecnik BV 38.
Last week one of my blog reader dropped by and was so excited about how by using Nikkodo 5201 and followed my instruction his newly launched BH got nothing less than 400 birds responding.

9) The most interesting is to select the best external sound.

I think I am very closed to select the best sound for this BH.  Tested about 20 sounds and I pretty sure the one I selected will perform its function effectively.

Those of you who would like to visit another of my Masterpiece please call 017 755 1318.  You will be given a short tour outside and inside plus taking photos until you are satisfied.

There is a small fee of RM 250.

No comments: