Search This Blog

Saturday, July 28, 2012

The First Swiftlet Eco Park With Insect Barn Installation !!!



Today marked another milestone in breeding of insects for swiftlet farming industries in Malaysia.

Usually many people tends to look at it negatively.

However this particular person wanted the insect barn installation badly at his Swiftlet Eco Park, in Taiping Perak.

The idea started about six months ago when he attended my Seminar on Swiftlet Farming in Setiawan Perak.

I did not realized that he wanted to build 20 BHs on a piece of land about 5 kilometres away from Taiping main town.

During the initial discussion, he asked about my opinions on what will the best things to do to attract more birds to his swiftlet farming EcoPark with 20 BHs on it.

I jokingly told him :  "Why don't you erect a few insect barns that can produce about 5 kilograms of insects per barn per day?"

"Pak Harry, are you serious? Is there such a method?" he asked.

I was very serious about it and I told him that this insect generating system is nothing new.  Our neighbouring countries have been using the method for many years now.

Less that two days later I received a call from him asking about my scope of work and how much my professional fee will be.

"No before we discuss any further, can I come over to have a good look at the construction site?"  I requested.

I wanted to confirm that this young guy was not pulling my leg.

You see he looks very young about 25 years old and he was talking about 20BHs on one single piece of land. That will be nothing less that 20 million ringgit of total investment.

He must be a joker, I initially told myself.

When I arrived at the Eco Park location, I was shocked and disbelieved.

"Are you building these BHs for your clients?" I asked.

"No Pak this belongs to my Company.  We bought this piece of land with one BH on it and we now decided to expand by erecting 20 units more.  That is why I wanted those insect barns badly."  He replied.

Now I understand why he was so pressed for my working paper on those insect generating system.

"Give me one week and I will have them ready for you with all the pictures, dimensions of the barn and the insect generating powder formula and so forth." I assured him.

I set down with my thinking cap on and prepared a full report for him.

After obtaining my 30 pages insect generating barn paper he proceeded with the construction.

In between he joined my last outing, seminar on July 1st 2012 site visit,  to a BH with insect generator at the lower part of a three stories BH.

He wanted to be convinced that the insect generation system works.

Oh la la, today July 28th 2012 one of the many barns was ready for operation.

I promised to deliver to him 10 kilograms of those insect generating powder plus a container full of starter insects/maggots as a part of my service.

Upon reaching the location I took a good look at the barn and help to prepare the insect soup.

The process took about 30 minutes and it was ready for operation.

I told him to activate the next unit, four in total, within the next 10 days.  After that he needed to activate the other two 10 days lapse.

On the 40th day he needed to reactivate the first room back.  Try not to throw away the left overs.  Put them into a big container and leave the container in the same room.  They will still produce insects.

He was very happy with this new idea and was watching my every step in the preparation. A camera man was snapping every move that I made.  How wonderful to be a model.

I planned to keep a close eye on this insect barn project.  I need to make sure that he continue to prepare those insect food on a continuous basis.

Maybe I should get a long term contract to make sure the insect generating system will work as per my ideas.

Hmmm ...... need to talk to him again.

To those who would like to start one for their BH please call 1077551318.

There is a report ready for those who wanted to read in details on the insect barn erection.  Call for more details.


Have a good look at these pictures:




The insect barn shinning doors.  Two rooms on both sides.
The steel frame rack ready to receive the insect soup containers.

 The locally produced insect powder 5 kg per bag.
Mixed and poured in yellow containers 16 units for 10 kg of insect powder.

I brought a container of matured maggots for insect starter.

The insect started was placed at the lowest rack.
Arrange side by side

Ready on the racks 18 units.







Reminder:  This article is suitable for those BH owners who are serious about populating their BHs.  There is no use to run a BH but remain empty for a number of years.  You need to think of all the possible methods to draw more birds to your location.  You need to be daring enough to do something unusual to beat the rest of BH owners around you. Remember you can copy the above seen in the pictures but to be accurate call pak harry.

No comments: