Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Just The Sound System Installation !!!


This time around I was invited to install just those sound system.

The location is somewhere in Kubang Kerian, Kota Bharu, Kelantan about 7 hours drives from Kuala Lumpur.

The owner attended my Swiftlet Farming Seminars 3 times and he did his best to get his BH to the things he learned.

Initially he wanted to do everything by himself but he was not 100% sure if his method and selection of sound equipment are proper.

"Pak Harry, I think I need you and your workers to come and install the necessary sound system."

That was how I begin my longest journey for BH installation purposes.

After 7 gruelling hours I finally arrived at the location.  It was so tiring and I was lucky not to fell asleep during the journey.

The first thing that I did was to carry out the necessary inspection.

The building looks good externally however there were a couple of short comings inside.

1) The building was with 20 feet by 70 feet and three stories.

2) The lower floor were left empty and he only focus on the top and the 1st floor.  A very wise decision.

3) He uses the top entry in the beginning but later erected a monkey house on the top opening.  There were two windows about 3 feet by 4 feet.  One was temporarily closed due to its brightness, he claimed.

4) The monkey house was made of those zinc roof sheet with no insulation.  It will be very hot during sunny day but will be very noisy when it rain.

5) The nesting planks installations were well done.  The wood were well orientated with boxes of 4 feet by 1.5 feet.

6) The top floor was installed with a VIP room and laid with those wet floor system.  I think this was the idea that he was very proud of.

7) The LAL was at the front hall and in the middle of the flying path of the birds from the monkey house roving room to the VIP room.  Good location but those birds needs to be diverted to fly about it.

8) The top floor VIP room was a bit to bright and I told him to erect one more partition just before the LAL.

9) The 1st floor were pretty empty and I have decided to erect at least one more partition to form a VIP room but with lesser important.

Within less that 2 days of my intervention the BH looks better than before.

I hope by the fifth or six days the sound system will be up and running for him to start luring those wild birds into it.

One of the best observation made was the location of his BH.

Every evening there will be at least 800-1000 birds will fly about his BH rooftop.

That can be a big plus in helping to populate his BH.

On the first day upon arrival, the area experience a heavy rain and during the time lots of insects were in the air and lots of swiftlet were all over the place.

I told him about activating those insect generating system to see if more will be visiting his BH.

A very high potential BH and I hope it will be as per my prediction











.

No comments: