Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Kota Bharu Swiftlet Olympic Lane Revisited !!!



One particular BH stands above the rest !

While carrying out my sound system installation at Kubang Kerian, Kota Bharu, I put up at a hotel just one lane away from the famous Olympic Lane row of BHs.

Hotel name is Ridel Hotel.

This row of BHs seems to be the heavies with nearly all the BH being pretty occupied.

I remembered writing some articles on the Olympic Lane and this time I woke up early one  morning to observe the activities. Prior to that I took some time in the evening to watch those birds coming home.

The birds will start to leave their nesting house at about 6:45 am (enough light from the sun) and initially a few but within 10 minutes lots of the birds will fly out using the back lane at their rushing gateways.

Some will fly to the right but many were on the opposite direction.

One of the interesting observation made during the evening part was this newly extended BH that was located in the middle of the row.

It has the hight ( highest among the rest) and the best was that the entrance hole was facing the flight path.

The sound used was similar to my "Super Screw" and the owner played it very loud during the returning home peak period.

He seems to follow my blog pretty well and I can see the effectiveness of using those techniques which I have been preaching.

"Open the entrance hole facing their evening flying path and make the sound louder during those peak periods".

The sound seems to have a profound effects on those birds and on numerous occasions there will be a few that will try to cling onto the tweeters or the walls around the tweeters.

I am of the opinion the other owners will see some reduction on the nest numbers if this particular owner continue with the current arrangements.

From this observations made (morning and evening) I can safely said that my recommendations are proven and practical.



No comments: