Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Nano Technology In Removal Of Nitrite In Bird Nests !!!


Something that I myself am not very aware about.

As a person in swiftlet farming you need to know everything and anything.

I was invited to attend a meeting in Kuala Lumpur about 2 months ago where the President of swiftlet farmers association were trying to amend their Company's Constitution for ROC approval.

It was here that I was made to aware about Nano Technology that can be used to clean nitrite from contaminating your raw or processed birdnests.

The talk was given by a Private company located in Kuantan, Pahang.

What you need is to send your raw or process nests to his factory and he will wet one by one and pass the wet nest through a kind of gadget to shot at the nest.

Once these nests passed through the nano gadget the end result will give you nests with nitrite below 20%.

That was what he claimed but his process fee was about RM 500 per kilogram of nests.

Hmm... sound very interesting but .........

Yesterday I got another interesting call from a person who wanted to buy some fake nests.

I told him about the cost and managed to grab some interesting reason why this person wanted those fake nests for.

"Pak Harry, I need to find some ways to push my nests up.  Due to some unknown reason the nests numbers stop at 400 nests.  There seems to be something wrong and I cannot find the real cause of the stoppage."

Hmm ..... another case of a BH with all new babies run away from home.

Just give a small though about this strange phenomena.

He said that his BH now has 400 nests.  Each nest will produce 2 chicks per season.  In a year there will be three seasons.

A simple calculation will give us 400nests X 2 chicks X 3 seasons = 2,400 young birds.

Where do they go and why are they not staying back?

After recommending him some ideas he said that he will try to come back for my possible visit.

What happened next was interesting.

He called and wanted share with me about his latest creation using nano technology to clean bird nests.

I took it as something that I would like to learn more but I am not keen in starting a processing centre, I told him.

I might want to know more on his technique and maybe will set up a seminar using his technology.

I will visit him one of this day when I am down to the South.

If you are keen to attend a talk on the use of NanoTechnology in Swiftlet Farming, please let me know.

Just sms to 0177551318 for my attention.  I need about 5 people to attend any seminars that I arranged for.

No comments: