Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

It Was Due To The Wrong Volume !!!


(After sound adjustment the activity on the rooftop is back to its normal)

"Pak Harry, I am worried about the growth of nests in our BH (a JV with me).  What can be the reasons why it suddenly stop growing?"

A very interesting question about the performance of a BH that was showing a very good signs of birds entering and after a few short months there were lots of bird shit spots all over the place.

However due to some unforeseen events it suddenly stop growing.  I have a very strong feeling that it was due to the owner.

Let me relate to you all what  really happened.

About six months ago I was given the task to revamp a very sick BH in Gambang.  The owner tested my ability by recommending me to revamp a BH in Kepong, Selangor.

She and husband keep a very close eyes on the progress of this BH.  Every time meeting the real owner she will check on its progress.

After getting the true picture of its progress she called me and relate to me the true stories on how her relative who owned and operate the most successful BH in Kuantan could not draw any birds into her three stories BH.

She even was bold enough to offer a stake in the BH operation.

"What I want is to see more nests inside my sick BH.  Please help to cure the BH".

The three stories building was converted about 1,5 years ago but with about 6 nests.

After my usual revamp operation the number of birds entering the BH was exciting and plenty of shit spots (50-70) were all over the place.

After about two months the owner complained that she received a 500 ringgit summon from the local council for being too loud.

I told her to go an negotiate for a slight reduction and perhaps reduce the sound volume a bit.

This was where she reduce the volume to something that makes those birds refuse to enter like before.

The activities about the roof drop to a critical level and the number of birds entered were stressful.

Once that happened the number of birds staying will be reduced to a minimum this lesser activities inside.

Many of those shit spots were drying out and lots of marking went dead.

I gave my opinion to the owner and he asked me to do what ever I can to reignite the BH.

The lesson from this event is the important of using the right sound volume.

If your BH is among a number of BHs around you, the sound level must be proper.

The sound volume but be at an optimum volume to attract those birds returning home to those BHs beside you.

Too loud with cause them to bounce away from the entrance window.

Too low will not attract any new birds to play and enter your BH.

Of course it the volume is disturbing you need to be careful with the local council.

Have a good look at some of those nests that were seen in this BH.
















No comments: