Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Three Stories Stand Alone BH With Most Nest In The Middle Floor !!!

(The most successful BH in Bruas Palm Oil Plantation.  More than 50% of nests on the lowest floor)


What do you think the most logical reasons why when a three stories BH with most of the nests only on the middle floor?

A newbie wanted to test my knowledge about swiftlet farming.

He just stumbled onto my blog and became a new follower but with some kind of test on my knowledge.

It was about 11:00 pm on the last day of 2012.

I received an SMS asking about those insect generating set.  I thought everybody was getting ready to usher for the new year but this guy was more involved with his swiftlet BH.

 I took my time from those meals and called him asking him what was bothering him.

"Pak Harry I am a newbie and my BH is in Raub with 100 nests so far.  I need some advise on how to populate my BH."

I think he must have put this populating his BH in the shortest possible time in 2013 as his main objective for the year.

Talk to him for about 20 minutes and later adjourned to my new year celebration with some friends.

Come the new year he continued sending in SMS with more and more questions.

One of his question was about his BH status of which most of his 100 nests were found mainly on the middle floor and little on the lowest floor and the top floor.

He wanted to know why and it seems that all his friends who owned BH in Raub are facing the same problem.

My answer to him was these simple:

Your BH entrance hole is not facing the East and your LAL might not be properly located with little external sound tweeters.

I wrote a similar article when a newbie whose BH was in Bruas Perak a few months back.

This newbie have something very the opposite.

I remember him telling me like this:

"Pak Harry my BH after one year is with about 200 nests.  Most of the nests were at the lowest floor and the rest of the floor are okay.  What do you think about it".

I told him what his BH looks like and he agreed in total.

My prediction was like the following and his answers were:

1) Your BH is with a staggered LAL hole on the top of each other and at an angle which allows those birds to fly direct to the lowest floor.  (His answer:  Yes you are right).

2) One of your entrance hole is facing the east. (His answer: Yes Pak Harry one of the hole was facing the morning sun).

3) You put adequate number of external sound tweeters along the staircase walls to pull those birds town to lowest floor. (His answer: Yes you are right).

4) You top floors were without any walls to block any of the light. (His answer: Yes my consultant never believed in putting up any partition.)

All the four prediction were correct and he could not understand how come I knew all of them without even visiting his BH before.

It was my first meeting with him and yet I can provide him with something that he have never thought before.

My answer to him was simple:

I have seen so many BHs that does well and very sick and by listening to your stories I can safely predict how your BH look like.

This is something which everyone of us should be able to do.

We need to make sure we know why many BHs failed and try to avoid repeating the same errors.

We must not allow our consultant to carry out their trial and error with your investment.

They must know that a proper designed BH can easily be populated if they do not make too many mistakes.




No comments: