Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Research Works With Local University Will Start Soon !!!



At last my mission to carry out research works on swiftlet farming with close association with a renowned local University materialized.

I make a bold approach to voice my opinion to a Professor in the said university about four months ago.

At first I thought that it will be a waste of my time however it turned out the opposite.

They responded positively and eager to start work with a number of BH owners who enrolled into my list.

A few days ago managed to sit down with him and a number of his student.

We roughly agreed on the scope of operation and how to go ahead.

The first thing that we need to do is to choose at least 5 BHs that meets our criteria.

Most important is the total distance from Kuala Lumpur must not be more that 2 hours drive.

The second is more on the current nests population.  They must have at least 50 -100 nests.

Once selected the owner will be required to sign a non disclosure agreement to ensure that the research can be carried out without any interruptions or disturbances.

I hope this interesting research works will benefit all of us especially those newbies who have just started or about to start their swiftlet farming operation.

I promise to do my utmost best to help the owners and the local university to get something out of the research works.

Our first field trip shall be at the end of January 2013.

A number of BHs will be visited and within a few days after that we shall start the research operation carried out.

Keep your finger crossed and pray that there won't be any thing that will disrupt our noble intention.

I am not sure how others can help in our work but if you can please let me have you contact number if you wanted us to apply some of the invention inside your BH.

The university is currently doing their part to activate a special room for young birds to be stored or raised.

An incubation system is about to be ready.

An old BH is to be activated to.

There is a very strong chance that the latest tracking technology will be utilized.

I feel very proud to be able to convince this University to work towards the improvement to swiftlet farming industry in Malaysia.

No comments: