Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Those Days It Was Not Difficult As Compared To Now !!!

Yesterday Jan 22, 2013 I visited three BHs located somewhere at Jeram, Kuala Selangor.

I was very lucky to be given another opportunity to visit three BH within less than 2 hours.

The first BH was with about 500 nests the second with about 600 nests and the third with zero nest.

"Pak Harry I just don't understand why they refuse to populate the third or the latest unit.  It has been running for more than 6 months and yet not a single nest."  the owner trying to convince me about his nightmare.

What can be the real problems and how can that be resolved?

If the third unit was totally empty the other two seems to stop multiplying.

"Pak Harry, we started the two in 2005 and now we managed to get about 500-600 nests.  What concerned me most is that both units the nests numbers are dead.  The young babies seems to fly out and never return." his other headache.

Well if you think you will only face problem when your BH is new but if your BH have 500 nests it will multiply by itself, I think you might not be 100% right.

This common mishap will be yours soon.

Beside too many new BHs around you there are things that you need to do with your BH to get those young birds to stay.

For this particular two BHs I suspect that the owner disregards the followings:

1) The nesting rooms were too bright and too opened.  I put my ideas about the use of proper partitioning to block those lights from entering the preferred nesting room.

2) The best he should do is to erect proper walls that are strong and not those make shift plywood walls here and there.

3) He should adopt my VIP room concept.  Every BH should have at least one VIP room at the far end of the floor with a door opening of about 3.5 feet wide.

4) The floor seems to be very dry and not conducive enough. He need to change those humidifiers or perhaps erect those wet floor system that will help to wet the house a bit more.

5) Both BHs seems to have very few external sound tweeters at the far end.  You can attract more birds into your nesting rooms if you install at least one kite tweeters playing your external sound.

I plan to put up a small recommendation with various sketches for his attention.

Perhaps if he followed those recommendations his nightmare might stop there after.

I need to follow up with him and if he is generous enough I might mobilize my crew to help in rectifying his BHs.

I really look forward for a new task or challenges.

It is not the money but the ability to introduce new methods to improve or increase those nests are my motivation.

Those of you who wanted a bit of my expertise please do not feel obligated but just call 017 7551318.

No comments: