Thursday, January 24, 2013
The List Of Things That I Did Inside This BH Made Of Five 40 Footer Containers !!!
The upgrading job of this BH made of four forty footer containers were completed within two full days.
The scope of works were as follows:
a) Upgrade the sound system of the BH with a new set of amplifiers.
b) Enlarge the main entrance hole by about 1/2 foot higher.
c) The frame of the enlarged entrance hole was with wooden frame made of 2"x 3" wood size.
d) Installed two sets of power tweeters on the monkey house rooftop.
e) Installed a piece of hexagonal tweeters about 1.5 feet above the monkey house rooftop.
f) Installed 6 pieces of external sound tweeters at the main entrance hole.
g) The roving area inside the monkey house was reduced by half to force those birds to quickly enter the LAL into the nesting room.
h) The light entering the nesting room just after the LAL was blocked but erecting an box enclosure made of wood and ceiling boards.
i) The partition walls were painted black to minimize light reflection.
j) Inside the nesting rooms most of those metal plates and excess nesting planks were removed since they were blocking the birds flying path.
k) The nesting planks were cleaned using steel brush.
l) Old tweeters were removed and new tweeters were installed onto the nesting planks.
m) Each nesting room were installed with two kite tweeters.
n) About 100 fake nests were installed after we finished the tweeters installation.
o) The fake nests were applied with super pheromone (lower floor) and supersusu on the top floor.
p) On the lower floor the existing door were opened wide.
q) A set of external sound tweeters were installed onto the newly opened door.
r) The BH now have about 6 cables to allow the owner to control the internal and external sounds volume.
s) The BH now is installed with the last tango system and for now I set it at 6:30pm till 7:45pm on a daily basis.
t) The internal sound selected was the Babysound2 while the last tango and external sound were Gorilla.
v) The volume of all the sounds were properly set to ensure that when those birds came to the main window they will have problem to enter the BH.
w) All external sound tweeters installed outside the rooms were drilled with holes to allow water to be drain in case of rain water clogging the nozzle.
One interesting incident was when 4 birds flew in to the lowest floor while we were still doing the final touch up.
My workers was surprised that these wild birds were not scared of human when those external sound were played.
I hope the BH will stand a good chance to be populated within three to 6 short months.
Let us keep our finger crossed.