Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

Serinti Adoption Of Swiftlet Babies !!!


Since my involvement with swiftlet farming, I always receive calls for emergency advises.

Some are weird and many were easy to handle.

Last week for example I have this BH owner who have very little choices but to forgo his BH.

In doing so he was required to remove all those nests and nesting planks.

There were a number of those nests with eggs and baby birds.

"Pak Harry I need you advise.  What shall I do with these baby birds?" he asked.

I was a bit dumb founded.

I need to come out with something that can help him with his unusual problem and it must be practical.

"Why don't you put them into Serinti nests?  Choose those nests with eggs and you slowly remove their nests and swap with the swiftlet eggs and swiftlet babies.  One nest please put not more than two eggs or two babies." I suggested.

My idea was well received and he managed to scout around town for a couple of serinti nests.

After a few days he came back with something interesting.

"Pak Harry you are genius.  It works except they refuse to accept those babies that are with feathers.  Those young featherless babies were accepted and I do see them feed these babies.  The bigger size babies were totally ignored.  Now I got to babysit them."  he reported.

I was glad that at least half of his burden was taken over by those serinti birds.

I never thought that my simple idea works.



No comments: