Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

A BH In Lenggong Perak !!!

(A slanting shape monkey house)

Prior to my Alor Star trip I carried out another inspection at Lenggong, Perak.

The BH was on the way to Gerik from Kuala Kangsar NKVE highway exit.

It was in a valley deep inside a rubber plantation but very closed to a huge fresh water lake called Raban Lake.

The BH owner knew me long ago.

He was a participant at a Seminar conducted at UPM, Serdang about 8 months ago.

After operating his BH for 1.5 years he finally decided to get my help to check out what can be the possible reasons his BH is not doing well.

His BH has been into operation for almost 1.5 years with only 6 nests after the last count.

I took almost four hours to reach his house and got lost along the way.

I told him that if not because of swiftlet farming I will never visit this remote location.

I took about 30-40 minute to view the BH, it design and all the possible problems inside.

My conclusion is more or less the same like others.

He used this young man as his consultant and I was make to understand that he was once working with a reputable BH expert in Indonesia.

What he did was nothing more like referring to his master sifu in Indonesia for everything that he did in Malaysia.

At the end of the day all his so call BHs failed to perform.

I think he should be a bit more dependence on himself.

There is no need to refer to his sifu all the time.

If I employ you to erect the BH I want you to do the work and not your sifu.

One very difficult point about the BH was its location, deep in a valley with hills on the left and right sides.

Those tall and old  rubber trees surrounding the BH is not helping either.

Overall this BH is a bit better than the Alor Star BH.

The monkey house is small and once the birds entered they can be easily guided into the nesting rooms.

The biggest mistake was on its darkness inside those nesting rooms.

They were simply too bright and not suitable for those birds to take position.

I took some time to figure out where to erect the necessary partitions and make sure the rooms will be dark.

The number of internal sound tweeters inside the BH was very little.

I pressured the owner to be a bit luxurious.

All the nesting areas need some modifications with rooms and additional tweeters.

After a good discussion I promised to come out with a detail report plus the bill of materials and its cost.

Hope to finish bey this week end.

It will be a great thing if he should ask me to bring over my workers and revamp as per my recommendations.







No comments: