Search This Blog

Monday, June 16, 2014

Kapar BH Bird Monitoring Result: The Numbers of Birds Are Getting Higher. !!!

(This was what I have for the week before)


The birds monitoring system installed in Pantai Remis BH is doing very well and helping me and the owner to closely monitor the BH.

Two weeks ago the daily numbers were all below 200.

I realized that many of those birds were not being monitored since there was about 6 inches gap that allows them to fly in without being detected.

I got my technician to climb up to the window and adjusted the sensors so that there will be no more gap.

With the correction done I was cock sure that a more accurate counts will be made.

Last night I obtained this picture from the owner.


Total for the seven days was 1803 or an average of 258 birds per day up by about 90 birds.

The highest number counted was on Sunday June 8th 2014 with 358 birds.

The lowest was 140 that happened on Monday June 9th 2014.

You can see the numbers recorded above 300 happened on Sunday. Wednesday and Thursday. 

Two days with numbers above 200 i.e. Friday and Saturday.

Beside the adjustment made to the sensors at the main entrance hole I believed that those new birds just taken their first flight making up the higher numbers.

I would give 50% came from those young birds produced by this BH and another 50% might be from some other neighbors BHs.

What can be said about this BH is that the number of birds staying inside is growing and I am hoping that by year end the number should be touching 500 per day on the average.

The revamp works is helping this BH to slowly increase its residents.

I choose the right sounds for both the internal and external.

Remember I also played an external sound inside the BH on a 24 hours basis.

Last two weeks I installed an insect generation system using those broken rice about 100 kg.

On Monday I planned to plant at least two more figs trees around the BH.

The NKS might also be helping those young birds to quickly settled down in the BH.

I am helping to get the nest population up and I hope the owner appreciate my contribution.

Overall I need to say that the birds monitoring system is helping me with all the right decisions.

I believed that it will be a good gadget to be installed if you really want to scientifically monitor your BH progress.

Get one for your BH and make sure to capture the weekly numbers for your reference.

If you are looking for its supply and installation call me at 017 7551318

No comments: