Search This Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Durian Tunggal: From This To This !!!

(The Durian Tunggal BH side view)


The VIP rooms were transformed into something which can give the BH owner a higher chances of trapping those swiftlet.

I just wanted all of you to see and appreciate the hard work that I went through just to turn around this BH.

Before my intervention it looks barren and lacks of anything that can attract those birds:


The nesting planks were with a large gap with the ceiling.

All in there were about 20 internal sound tweeters inside each room.

No external sound tweeters.

There were about 4-5 fake nests which were not properly installed.

The walls were bare and hot.

Nearly all the ventilation holes were blocked with plastic sheet.







Once taken over I did the followings:

1) The wide gaps between the nesting planks and the ceiling were reduced using those steel band anchored with those cement bull plugs.

2) We installed three new rows of crossing woods.  The boxes now were more compact as compare to prior to this.

4) The cluster tweeters were installed in a single jump basis.  Each VIP room now has at least 80 internal sound tweeters.

5) I personally install those fake nests precisely where they should be located.

6) Some of those nesting planks with fungus were wiped cleaned with mild salt water.

7) Several planks were applied with 3X pheromone.

8) All the fake nests were also applied with 3X pheromone.

9) Those walls were insulated with bubble sheet.

It looks more like a BH but I am still not very happy since we were asked to transform only one of the three floors.

To those who own BH(s) please copy my idea above and I am sure your BH stand a higher chances of having more nests.

If you are not sure how to do them please call me at 017 7551318

If you are the shy type email to me at harryswiftlet@yahoo.com




No comments: