Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Frantic Call From Maran, Pahang !!!



I was having my lunch today, June 6th 2014, when my mobile phone rang.

The caller was this Dr. from Maran.

His BH stories I wrote can be found here:

1) http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.com/2013/08/maran-bh-test-run-just-before-full.html

2) http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.com/2013/08/what-i-did-inside-maran-bh.html

Hmm .... have not heard from him for sometime.  I remember handed over his BH in August 2013.

Now already 9 months into operation.

"Yes Doc how are U and what can I do for you?"  I asked.

"Pak Harry, I would like to inform you that my BH which was revamped by you is doing well now.  Last count was 40 fully formed nests and lots of markings."  he was trilled.

I remember when I was asked to revamp the BH was into operation for almost 1.5 years with only 3.5 nests.

Now the number of nests jump up to 40 within 9 months.

"The first think that came to my mind was to tell you the nests number and at the same time, I think there are owls visiting by BH top floor.  I can see lots of their shit and those vomit balls."  he explained.

I told him to activate a few methods to make them scared to come to his BH.

1) Activate or re install those electrical wires on those walls surrounding the entrance hole.

2) Try to put more of those clamp traps on the wall.  Minimum 2 but better 3.

3) To perhaps install those wires about 8-10 feet apart at the connecting door.

I am very glad with this news and I hope he will continue to take good care of his BH.

I hope to make a trip to check what other things he can do to push the number of nests higher.




No comments: