Finally checked out of Durian Tunggal, Melaka yesterday at about 7:00pm.
The owner and his father was there to see us off.
His main complain was after two and half years into operation he managed to have only 9 nests.
The number of birds responding to any good sound is about 1000.
"How come they are not staying or even venture into my BH?" his question to me.
The 60 year old father told me how he initially discovered that the piece of 10 acres land is suitable for swiftlet farming.
While tanning the land one day just after a heavy rain there was a huge number of swiftlet above his land.
Those flying termites must be the attraction.
He decided to have a BH and asked his son to find the best consultant in town.
However after being given the assurance that the BH will be filled up to brink never work.
It seems that the owner tried nearly all those so called aroma in the market but still nothing happened.
After all the trial and error with nothing happened he decided to meet up with me for a cup of coffee.
I met him with nothing to gain.
He also brought another BH expert and told me that he has two possible candidates to choose.
One day he came over to Rantau BH where I was revamping a BH he took a short survey and asked me to follow him to his BH.
I took the trip and discovered so many things that might be the main reason why those birds were not attracted to his.
His main competitor is a nearby BH which provide insect as the attraction bait.
They will visit that BH and sometime will venture to his so poorly designed BH.
After accepting his offer I managed to finish what I have in mind within 8 days.
The main things I did are as follows:
1) Reorganize the entrance hole size and painted with black paint.
2) Opened only one entrance hole while the second was properly shut using cement board.
3) Relocate the hexagonal tweeter to a new site just above the main entrance hole.
4) Installed additional external sound tweeters above the monkey house, the monkey house, the staircase and the rooms.
5) Re installed the owl electrical shock wires.
6) Relocate the light at the main entrance hole.
7) Drained off all water inside the pond and cleaned all those dead insects.
8) To cut cost I told the owner to concentrate only on one floor i.e. the second floor. Reoriented the partitions and make them more attractive to those birds.
9) The top floor was not touched other than the erection of a new partition to prevent birds from venturing into the nesting room.
10) Two main VIP rooms on the second floor were redecorated with additional crossings.
11) Reduced the gap between the nesting planks and the ceiling by using steel band anchored to the cement.
12) Installed at least 350 additional internal sound tweeters on second floor.
13) Personally installed about 500 fake nests (traps) and half of it were applied with super pheromone 3X.
14) A number of those nesting planks were cleaned from fungus.
15) A number of these planks were applied with 3X super pheromone.
16) The middle floor walls were insulated using those bubble sheet heat shield and covered with cement boards.
17) The floor were all cleaned so that we can identify any new traces of bird shit spots.
18) The external sound chosen by the owner was the Pukau.
19) The internal sound chosen by me was the SuperBabyKing.
20) Activated an insect producer and stored it inside the monkey house area.
21) Wet the lowest floor.
22) Checked all ventilation holes and those with no wire mesh cover were plugged.
23) Installed wood panel at top floor door area to minimize rats coming inside.
24) Prepared Mutiara aroma materials.
Let see how the BH perform and I asked the owner not to enter the BH except the data room for at least 2 months.
If you have the same kind of problem please call 017 7551318
Check all these photos taken: