Search This Blog

Monday, June 9, 2014

Let's Compete With Our Neighbor !!!





While taking a short break back in my hometown, I was enjoying myself with a couple of BH visits.

The one that make me very happy was at Bujang Valley Merbok.

The owner wanted me to do the necessary so that there will be more nests inside.

After a number of minutes looking at what to be done I initiated the rearrangement of the internal sound tweeters plus the installation of fake nests beside all that were realigned.

The first thing was to purchase an 11 steps aluminum ladder.

I was very curious why this BH owner don't have a suitable ladder to climb to check those nests?

Anyway what I did was to focus on the second floor and relocate all the tweeters and fixed at least two fake nests (styrofoam) beside them.

I applied the super pheromone liquid on all of them.

Change both the external and internal sounds and check on how those birds reacted.

They seems to like the new sounds and most were flying in and out.

I am not sure where most of them came from but there is a very strong possibility that they came from the next door BH.

The competitor uses this very restrictive window cover.

He uses those cross rails.

I am not sure why but who knows he might have been attacked by owls.

From the way it looks it will be a very challenging time to enter the BH during peak hours or heavy wind.

If I am those birds I will surely move to the next door BH with no grill windows to injure me if I was a bit careless that day.

I video tape their behavior and I am very sure that they prefer the one that I have just adjusted the tweeters.






No comments: