Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Kepala Batas BH: My First Time Of Using The Wind Breaker !!!


The wind blowing around the Kepala Batas BH is a bit unusual.

Maybe due to the current rainy season.

During the day time the wind direction was more from the sea to the land (west to east).

While at night the wind change its direction (east to west).

I was watching how difficult it was for those swiftlet to maneuver their flight pattern in order to enter the BH entrance hole.

The high wind can force those birds to seek other safer places to stay.

This was when I came out with the decision to install a wind breaker.

The idea is to block the heavy wind from harming those birds from entering the entrance hole.

My workers told me what he needed and I got what he wanted.

The idea was to bolt those wooden frame holding a zinc plate on to the wall and the roof.

All that he needed were eight 3" length anchor bolts and a few L shape steel plates.

The next day it was done.

Let's hope that the wind breaker will help to increase the nests population.

In the meantime I have decided to reopen a window that was closed.

With two entrance holes the birds will now have another hole to enter during heavy wind.

The good thing was that the new hole is facing the East.

I am very sure that these two innovative ideas will greatly help those wild birds.

(My workers enlarging the old hole)

(With proper external tweeters installed those birds are flocking to the entrance hole)


No comments: