Search This Blog

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Nangka Plants Around Bujang BH !!!



It must be the suitability of the soil.

After almost 3 months the plants planted on the piece of land around the Bujang BH seems to have multiple results.

The Nangka trees and Starfruit trees seems to grow well while the Soursop were with slow growth.



I think it must be the soil.

Maybe I should replaced all those poor growing trees with Nangka (Jack-fruits)?

I took the whole morning of November 20th 2014 to do some gardening.

It is terrible when you are not used to using those changkul to remove those grass around the base of the Nangka trees and loosen up the soil around the trunks.

Started with the idea of removing all those wild grass around the base of the Nangka trees at around 8:00 am.

By 11:30 am the heat was unbearable.


The little thing that I did was to remove and clean about 3 feet radius and loosen up the soil around the trunks.

Once done I dumped a pail of surface soil around it.

My garden adviser whatsapp to me to water the base with water mixed with a liquid fertilizer bough from him.

He assured me that the plants will grow faster and stronger.

Just 10 plants and I was exhausted to the bones.

Rested and drink a lot of water.

Body aching all over my body but I do enjoy looking at the new shoots on most of the Nangka trees.

The grass were cut but not in total.

Tomorrow need to call the grass cutter guy to complete the job.

Overall I enjoyed looking at the garden especially when you see those trees growing taller.

These Nangka madu trees were purchased from a farm located in Rawang Selangor.

It was about 2 feet high when purchased about 3 months ago.

Those young leaves are nice to look at and many new shoots are coming out.

I hope continue cleaning up the wild grass on every plant, I have 30-40 more to go.

A few died and I think I know why.

I must have used too much fertilizer.

The amount to be used and the time to apply must be proper.

Or else they will start to shed their leaves and some will soon be dead.

I might need to get a few new ones to replenished those that were dead.

Will place orders soon and at the same time wanted to plant a few citrus trees.










No comments: