Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2015

Bukit Selambau Relong BH: The external sound Test Result Is Very Promising !!!

(Bukit Selambau BH now with a Hexagonal Tweeter)

(It used to be bare and not attractive to those wild birds)

Just came back from Sungai Patani and something nice to share with all.

While celebrating my Chinese New Year with families I spared some time to drop at Bukit Selambau Relong BH.

What this BH owner wanted me to do was to check on his BH revamp progress and at the same time do some tests with my external sounds.

Well I was at Bukit Selambau town very early and waited for the owner to fetch me to the BH.

He arrived at about 11:00 am and we proceeded to the BH.

After reaching the BH the BH keys were not with him but with the contractor he employed to upgrade his BH.

So waited for another 20 minutes until he arrived.

By the time we entered the BH it was about 12:00 noon.

I was telling myself that at this low peak hour there won't be any bird if I conduct the external sounds.

Anyway I did some check with the way those tweeters were installed.

The hexagonal looks very well placed however I instructed the contractor to connect the cable direct with those external sound tweeters installed at the main entrance window.

My next observation was the installation of cover over the external sound tweeters.

These tweeters came with a plastic cover on its front.

I instructed him to remove all of them and he did.

The next thing that I wanted him to do was to lower two sets of external sound tweeters at the door frames.

It was installed at the top most of the frame corners but I prefer them to be above 1 foot below the corners.

I quickly connect the positive and negative cable to the external sound amplifier and tested the first sound.

It was doing well however those tweeters install inside the BH was connected to the same line.

I told the contractor to separate the lines.

The external sound volume at the main entrance area can now be louder while the sound inside can be a bit lower.

The first two external sounds were not very attractive.

The third sound went pretty well.

The BH owner was observing the number of birds that came to the window areas and he was so excited that about 15 birds responded.


All the 15 or so came to the window and all entered in and out of the window.



Well since the external sound wiring inside the BH was not ready those birds entered the monkey house area and soon after they flew out.

If the external sound tweeters inside the BH were connected, I am sure they will enter the nesting rooms.

I took some time to provide the precise method to install those internal sound tweeters.

Set one of internal sound tweeters.

Instructed the owner's son to learn how to set the second unit.

From the way the bird's responded to the external sound at 12:30 pm I think this BH will do well.

The only big problem will be those owls.

The electrical shock wires should be installed by today.

Have a good look at this video clip:




If you think you wanted some help with your BH please call this number 017 7551318

I visited this BH a couple of weeks ago after delivering my talk in Penang.

This BH owner attended the talk and quickly asked my help to view his sick BH.

After obtaining my visit report he quickly engaged a contractor to revamp to my recommendations.

I think within the next few weeks you will hear something positive from him.

Will keep you all posted.



No comments: