Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Met With A Kuala Lipis BH Owner !!!




Never thought that the same couple who met me about two years ago came to meet me again last night.

I remember how I first met them at "TGI" restaurant located at Plaza Damas, Kuala Lumpur.

It was a fine evening and both husband and wife have a long chat about their BH.

The nests number have climbed to 150 plus but it could have been more if not because of owls and civet.

The create a kind of havoc and with so many interference the nests gowth must have been slowed.

"Pak Harry after 3.5 years and with 150 plus minus is that okay?" the wife asked.

My answer is always with the rule of the thumb method.

"Your BH should have reached 400 to 500 after 3.5 years.  My rule of the thumb is that for the first year you should have 100 nests, the second year should be 200 nests and by the third year it should have touched 400 nests.  Remember this is the rule of the thumb."  I replied.

However with so many attacks by predators it will be a different story.

The first time I met them they were searching for the right answers.

During their last visit they found a lot of dead birds on the floor without any head.

There was no sign of owl shits on the floor.

I suspected the culprit might be those rats.

After a few weeks they called and told me that their neighbor who owned a BH caught a civet.

That was when I wrote an article about how these civet eat the birds head and not their bodies.



Well after some quite moment I received a message asking my opinion about those wire mesh.

"Pak Harry I was told that these wire mesh is good to lure those swiftlet.  What is your opinion."  he asked.

At that time I have no answer to his question.

However recently at Broga BH I saw the wire mesh and I was sure that these wire mesh is a good idea to use inside your BH.

I quickly responded to this person about what I discovered.

After chatting for one hour or so he told me that he wanted my inspection services and I told him what he can do.

I need a few hours inside his BH to look at every aspect that can be improved.

Once that is done I will submit a written report for him to refer to.

He plan to call for my service after Chinese New Year and I told him that I will make myself available for him.

No comments: