Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Rompin BH: Started The Renovation Of An Empty BH !!!


After my arrival at Rompin with my two worker I met the owner for a short meeting.

"Let my workers settle down with their staff and will start work first thing in the morning tomorrow" I told him.

During my session with the owner I reminded him on a couple of things will happened once the house revamp starts.

"You are going to start a new chapter of your life once your BH is revamped and put into operation" I told him.

He thought that having a BH is a big plus but I told him that he will soon find out that there will be a lot of new things that he need to get ready.

"Pak Harry can you explain what do you meant by that" he asked.

I listed a list of things that will happened inside or outside his BH.

Good examples:

1) Your BH will be attacked by owls.

2) Your BH one day will be burglarized.

3) Your BH will have "Tokek" harassing your young birds.

4) Your BH will be flooded (the land area is actually a low area).

5) Your BH will soon have a lot of ants.

6) Your BH might be flooded due to loose water hose connection.

7) You BH will be very dry and you will find a lot of cracked nests.

8) Your BH will be attacked by Hornbill.

9) Your BH might be attacked by civet.

10) Nesting planks with fungus.

11) Nest suddenly stop growing.

12) Nests turning yellow.

13) Cannot find buyer for raw nests.

14) Neighbor is giving problem to your BH.

And etc etc etc.

Later on the next day he told me that he could not sleep over my gentle reminders.

He begin to feel that he will face a lot of things that he might not know how to solve.

I assured him that my telephone line is opened and he can call to find solutions if they should arise.

By 5:00 pm in the evening I told him that the developer of the BH is asking my workers to be moved out.

This should be his first problem and I did not include on the list of problems.

He pleaded with the developer but they were adamant and warn him that they have the right to bar him from entering or do anything with his BH.

"Pak Harry how to solve this problem and sorry that I am back in Singapore"  he whattapp me.

I told him to talk to the developer to be a bit kind and let my workers stay inside the BH at least for the night.

I will find a place for them to stay somewhere near to the location.

He managed to get the green light after a lengthy negotiation and I secured a small house near by.

This was his first lesson from owning a BH.

I look at it as a very common issue where the developer say yes and then says no.

The Manager gave us the green light but later when the higher level boss of his knew he backed out.

Anyway I kept the bad news away from my workers until the end of the day.

They were unaware of the issue but once I told them that I have found a place for them to move to plus the transportation arrangements they were fined.

After two days they finished the installation of nesting planks on the second floor ceiling.

Today they planned to install those cross woods and corner covers.

Their plan is to complete the second floor first before dismantling the movable ladder to the 3rd floor.

I have to meet someone in Manjung and drove home last night.

Will be in Rompin this Monday March 2nd 2015.

You all are welcome to come and see how to revamp a new BH.

Call me at 0177551318 if you wish to join the trip with me this Monday.

Remember this is something unusual to be invited to see how a new BH is decorated.

Have a look at some pictures taken during the time there:
















No comments: