Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Steel Plate : Collected Them And Ready To Use !!!


My first batch of stainless steel plates about 100 pieces was collected yesterday.

I never knew that they were heavy to carry around.

Before making the final payment I inspected the plates.

They looked fined but I would be happier if the total length is a bit longer.

What I ordered was 7" long by 5.45" wide.

I hope it will be long enough to cover those corners.

Attached are some pictures taken.

The top surface will be the one with the countersunk holes facing up.

How to use them?

My main objective is to reduce the number of 90* shape raw nests in my BH.

What I planned to do with these plates will be as follows.

I will allocate about 20 pieces for 5 of my BHs and will try to install them at those corners with are currently occupied with corner nests.

Once these nests are selected, I will harvest the raw nest and cover the corner with one of the plate.

Once that is done will take some photos before and after.

Check what happen after a few weeks later.

My prediction is that the tenant of this specific corner will return to the spot but will start building their nest on the plate and the wood.

Yes they will move their nest nest to the plate's borders.

Half of their nest will be on the nesting plank wood and the other half shall be on the steel plate.

The shape of their new nest will be 180* and no longer 90*.

This steel plate exercise will reduce the 90* corner shape nests and it will increase the 180* shape nests in my BH.

Remember the 90* shape nests is lower in price as compared to 180* shape nests.

Each kilogram of 90* nests will be about 20% to 30% cheaper.

If you can reduce the 90* shape nests to zero, you will safe a lot of money.

Say your BH have about 1000 corners and they are not covered with any plates like the one I recommended.

If your BH is full of nests all these corners will be their preferred spots.

This would mean that every time you harvest you will collect about 1000 90*shape nests.

You will easily lose about 2500 ringgit.

So try this technique and you will gain more as compared to leaving it at it is or using other methods.






No comments: