Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2015

Tomorrow Visiting The Revamped BH At Tanjung Karang Kuala Selangor !!!



As at yesterday the Tanjung Karang BH owner informed me that the total nests after my revamp operation moved up to about 130 nests.

My last count was 87 nests and now increased by 43 nests within 4 months.

A fairly reasonable increment of 49.4% within 4 months.

He took almost 3 years to get 87 nests or an average of 2.42 nests per month.

Once the revamp operation was done the average per month jumped to 10.7 nests per month.

A very encouraging but I wish it could have been better.

I am very concerned about the dry season and I hope those new couples will continue to populate this BH.

I will be visiting the BH tomorrow and I hope I can fine tune those sounds used as the external and the internal.

Might want to see how many new nests were on those fake nests and are there any new markings that can be NKS.

The BH wetness will be my next issue and I hope the owner will add a few more humidifiers on the upper floors.

I will also check for any signs of predators (owls) inside the nesting rooms.

He was saying that his video cameras were not functioning and could no longer count how many birds are entering his BH in the evening.

He promised to replace with a new set soonest.

One thing for sure is that his BH is doing well as compared to four others that are within 100' - 200' away.

This kind of success is very rare and have a lot to do with what was done inside his BH during the revamp operation.

Those of you who happen to read this article try your best to follow his foot step.

Engage some one who is well verse with swiftlet farming and let him report to you in black and white what are those errors and correct them.

If you find that experience person to help out I am sure you can be as successful at this BH owner from Tanjung Karang.

Call me if you have any problem with your BH.  017 7551318

No comments: