Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year 2008


I am very sorry for not wishing all my blog readers and newbies who just found my blog site.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR from Harry the Crazy Swiftlet Blogger.

I do hope the new year will bring you lots of luck and properity. Those who already owned their birdhouse(s) hope this year of the RAT will be a year of good harvest. You must also remember RAT is one of the most dangerous to your birdhouse. Make sure they do not enter your birdhouse.

To those who have yet to own one, just work towards it. Make a set of objective and keep some money to own one either on your own or with a group of investors.

Once your fund is adequate (minimum RM25,000) I am sure there is a good way of having one. Look out for my article on this ......

I would also like to thank you very much to those who have called me to wish Happy CNY. Some I have never spoken before.

This afternoon, I manage to meet in person (web name: Nakenso) Dr Ung of Alor Star. He just got his second birdhouse operational yesterday. I also let him try the Insect Powder which he ordered.

All in all I am very happy to note that to date I have made many people know more about swiftlet farming. Received so many compliments but of course some who hate my blog.

I will try to write more. Learn more. Attend more talks. Make more visits to any new birdhouses. Help more people who do have problems with their birdhouses.

All in all I just want to transfer whatever I learned either from my own exposure or what I do with my birdhouse.

Wish all my blog reader the best and more prosperous for year of the RAT.

I am a Dragon ......

7 comments:

JaCk said...

greetings from italy blogger friends :P

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Yes jack, You are welcome.

I like to see those italian girls in action. He he he

tirokswifts said...

Harry,

Happy Chinese New Year to you too. I am getting worried that too many farms are sprouting up so quickly. In my kampung itself, since I completed my farm, there is one nearing completion, one in progress, one starting soon and another under planning and starting in 3 months time. Are there going to be demand for these edible nests in 2 or 3 years time and are the prices going to fall. It happened to dukus in my kampung. At one time it was up to RM4 per kilogram but due to many folks planting the trees, the price is now less than RM1 per kilogram and its not worth plucking the fruits anymore as the plucking cost is about the same as the selling price.

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Tirokswifts,

I just found out that there are two more new birdhouse in my row of shops. The most disgusting is the one just behind me and of couse beside me.

It is like having a war soon.

I guess the only way to be a winner is to make my birdhouse better then them and use the best sound system that will be able to draw them to my birdhouse.

At the same time have to install those insect powder plus ensure that the room temperature and humidity are within range.

The war have just begun and I am not going to surrender without a good fight...

Cost wise, I believe it will remain the same for some time. The Chinese on the mainland are getting more sophisticated and more are getting richer. They have more then a billion population and if 2% are the rich people, that will be more then 20 million time 2 (their spouse).

I was informed that just before CNY the raw birdnests (white) was up at RM5,300 per kilo.
Just keep your finger cross....

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Just being curious, if birdnest farming had been such a lucrative business,and so easy to get rich as most consultants try to convince,

Then why didn't the consultants just make the most out of it, make big bucks rather than wanna waste time trying to educate others into the business and share the cut of the cake as well as the competition...

Just wondering if being a consulatant's much more profitable than running a birdhouse itself...hehe

Think it over properly, guys before u invest..........
A good salesman would always tell u only the good part of the merchandise...............
the bad part....is for him to know and for u to find out.......

Cheers....

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

anonymous,

You have a very good point about consultant making lots of money but they also take a lot of risks.

The issue is how to minimise the use of consultant. If you can increase your knowledge by getting the right information plus the right person who can advise U then U minimise the risk.

If U are not willing to take risk then U don't cross the road.

The issue here is where can you find enought informations to ensure that you learn as much as you can before deciding into it.

Most consultant will not provide you even the basic. All in all because they believed that the lesser your know, the higher is their charges.

So what will happen to the investor?

The best is for him to equipt himself will as much knowledge as possible and then decide to move in or stay out.

No one is forcing him/her to invest in the business. It is up to him/her to think carefully before deciding to invest.

The same goes with the stock market or unit trust.

So it is not the decision of the consultant or advisor. It is up to the invidual.

Anonymous said...

There is 20%-30% of success rate in swiftlet ranching, this is almost the same as running a business. Yes the competition is growing, but the demand is also growing, the historical data on the nest price will tell if it is sustainable. Hence, the speed to grow in birdnest count matter the most. Equip yourself before got slaughter by the consultant. Consultant can make instant money, whereas farmer has to take time and risk to get the money. This explains why many consultant willing to do a farm for you. Just like running a biz, we are making a calculated risk if you know the trade, if not, just like any investment, it is always risky if you know nuts about it.