Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What Is Ideal To You Might Not Be Ideal To Your Swiftlets !!!



I was on the phone last night with my birdhouse care taker (my blood brother). At that time I was having dinner with my new friends at Sunway Pyramid....

He sound very excited and asked me when I am coming back to Sungai Patani, Kedah.

I asked him why?

Well there are lots of birds in our birdhouse. You should come back and see what is happening? ...

Good, that is a terribly good news..... He he he.....

So what else, I asked him?

You know the insect powder sludge that you mixed? They were very dry and I add more water into the bucket ....

Good work, anything else .....

Well after we applied those aroma, both on the walls and floors, the house stink quite a bit and I don't like to be inside for too long.....

Well brother, the ideal environment for you is always not ideal to the birds and like wise anything ideal to the birds will not be ideal to human being ....

So you have to bear those nice aromatic birdshit smell, high humidity and the total darkness inside ...

I build the house to attract the birds not human being mah ..... He he he ...

I was not hard on him but I was just trying to make my points clear about my objectives. We wanted to attract those wild birds and they have their own sets of preferences. In order to achieve that you must make the house ideal to the birds and not human ...

Well I hope I have make my points clear to all my beloved blog readers.....

Anyway, I was very happy to hear from him about my birdhouse have lots of birds and just imagine he visited the house at noon. What about at night?????

I predicted that what he saw was nothing as compared to night time .... There would be at least 5 to 10 times the numbers he saw at noon time .....

Oh Yeh I think I have hit a jackpot .... Ting .........

PS: I guess you can predict where I will be this weekend ..........

4 comments:

K L said...

Hi, Harry,

The photo u attached is ur bird farm. I see no corner pieces oh!

Yong

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Nope, the photo is from my databank.
The corner covers have their advantages and disadvantages. Some people prefer not to put the cover corners until such time when the nests are plenty....

Anonymous said...

harry,
Could I visit your farm when you are back in SP?

I'm going on bird class on Sat...if possible Sunday...

My JV farm not up yet, but can have teh tarik ... thank you I person for this blog would be great..too.

or

Pekan Lama Loh Mee..?

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

giap,

I might be in SP for a very short time. Got a list of things lined up to rush thru and rush back ...

I wud be happy if we can arrange on my next visit...

I do have a trip arrange to Kuala Selangor this Tuesday ....

One seat already taken up. Got one more slot left ....