Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Land Below The Crossing Path !!

Never before in my years of site inspection come across this very special Phenomena.

A land situated just below the flight path of two streams of birds coming home to the roosting house crossing at one point.

How marvellous if that happened on your piece of land or property.

After the two days trip to Tamparuli, Sabah, I took MAS flight to Sibu, Sarawak.

Mr.K was at the airport to receive me very early in the morning.

We have breakfast and checked me in one of the best hotel in Sibu.

Immediately after that he waste no time to take me around and proceeded to his piece of land where he wanted to build his "Dream Birdhouse".

Mr.K is a Civil Engineer. A graduate from USA Uni and his father was just a Vegetable Farmer. With their hard earned monies managed to buy a couple of land and sent all his kids to Universities in Taiwan, Local ad USA.

The piece of land that Mr.K intended to convert to be his "Ranch" was not very far from his father's house.

Currently being used by a neighbour to plan vege and lots of bushes and trees. The ground seem to be very soft and when it rain they might be covered with water.

Hmm .............

I was pretty concerned over the cost to pile the land before constructing any high rise structures.

Anyway, I looked for all the signs that can help me to determine the location and those birds.

Nothing much since it was noon.

I insisted to view all the BHs in the vicinity. His brother took me and K to all the units that he came across. Luckily I wrote to K to make sure he identify all if he can.

There were many around but not all have the qualities that I have seen like in Kota Bahru or Kuala Krai or Padang Serai. Mild and not many birds circling above them.

Well I told hi that I wanted to do more on the next day.

I woke up at 5.00 am and start my inspection of the land. Look at all the signs until 7.00 am. It rains thus we quickly make our move for breakfast.

I was not satisfied and insist to come back in the evening to do the "Bird call Test" .

By 4.30 pm I saw a few locals already waiting for us and I was surprised that they knew of this special event. Later there were a few more and their number swell to 10. Who are they?

My friend and neighbors who came to know about this special even. They have never seen before.

The moment we blast the gadget, the number of birds immediately swelled to 150 in less then 10 minutes. Encouraging but I am not that fascinated. By 20 minutes there were about 250 of them. Some will come but many do leave the area.

I switched the gadget off and make my next observations.

Initially those birds were flying from the South to the North. Their numbers were consistent and continuous for about 40 minutes. But something struck my eyes, beside from South to the North there were also coming from the West to the East.

Wow, a fascinating thing to occur. They were actually crossing on the piece of land. A very wonderful and rare thing to happen.

I have never seen this phenomena and I think he was very lucky to own the piece of land.

I will be writing a report for him and I hope he will benefit from all the things that I am going to say about his land.

I am very happy to have help him with all the observations made.

No comments: