Search This Blog

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Negri Sembilan BH Owners Associations !!!

Hj Aziz of GEM called yesterday asking me why I was not with Dr.R in Seremban at the GAHP Seminar?

I told him that I was not invited to attend or to give my presentation. As such I have decided to make my trip to Kedah with my wife.

While talking he indicated that he was invited to be on the board of committee members of the Negri Sembilan BH owners association. He is the only Malay to be in the committee, he claimed.

The president is Dato Lee. I am not sure who he is.

The association will be responsible in looking after members needs and any negotiation with local councils in the State.

A very good move and I encourage all BH owners in N9 to be a member of this Association.

Other states should have the same organisation and I would be very happy to prepare the list of their set up plus contact numbers of their President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and committee members.

Please email their list to me at harryswiftlet@yahoo.com.

Thank you Hj Aziz and your contribution to the swiftlet industries in Malaysia is appreciated.

2 comments:

tirokswifts said...

What I know exist in other states is a Birdnest Merchant Association. The name itself doesn't sound right to represent Birdhouse Owners and joining fees is quite steep. Small timer will feel the fees is slightly too much for a start. If BH has started harvesting, you won't feel the pinch in joining.

K L said...

I hope these associations are really doing something good for the farmers, not for their self interest only !
I was reading the Low Yat web whereby John of KL and Lee of Kuantan from Malaysian Association went over to Mukah for some hidden agenda !