Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

A New BirdCall Sound: KB Melody !!!

I have received so many calls that are of similar in nature.

"Harry those birds simply do not enter my BH. They came and circled above the roof top but refuse to enter. What do you think is not right?"

There are many reasons that I can list but the most critical is the sound that you are playing might be the problem.

They love to circle above but are not attractive enough to pull them in. Good example is the "Duress" sound.

Whenever you play this sound (Duresss), the birds will flock above your tweeters but never dare to enter your BH. This is probably due to the fact that the sound emitted by those young baby birds are a kind of signal telling the rest that there is a kind of danger in the area. So please stay away.

I believe the best solution is to replace the sound that you are currently playing and perhaps play a new sound that might change their movement. I have this new external sound called KB Melody that was proven to pull those birds from the roof toof straight into the BH.

If you are the experimental type, how about trying this crazy idea.

Install a hexagonal sound above your entrance hole, about 5-6 feet above the hole, and time your sound players to play about 20 minutes, say from 9.00 am till 9.20 am, of your current sound and after the 18th minutes play your new KB Melody for the rest of the hour i.e from 9.18am till 10.00 am.

You might want to try doing this say 3 hours in the morning (9.00am till 12 .00 noon) and three hours in the late noon (3.00pm till 6.00pm).

Use those digital timers to make the combinations works. The rest of the time just spin the KB Melody.

KB Meloday was tested and proven to work in Kota Bahru.

I will be trying it out this week in Raub and Sungai Patani.

If you wish to have a copy please call Harry at 017 755 1318.

No guarantees but there is nothing to loose if you try.....

1 comment:

Tirok said...

Harry,

I had used Audacity to edit the sound, cut and paste the exciting sounds that I had identified from observations made during my farm visits. These sounds are either good at attracting the swiftlets to circle the farm or attracting the swiftlets into the farm. I have included Duress in the collection of sounds I played for my farm and I only played this sound for 2 to 4 mins followed by other sounds including the 2 sounds that you have put up in your switftlet sound google group forum. The sounds seems to work collectively as I now noticed more swiftlets hovering and entering my birdhouse on their flight back to town rather then just watching those coming back at 7.15pm entering my farm. From your my little experience, I can deduce that to attract the swiftlets to enter, the sound must be 'suara jantan' ,that is coarse-like sound and also rhythmatic, e.g thweet tweet twet-twet-twet...., thweet tweet twet-twet-twet.....,. These type of sound will get the swiftlets excited and started chasing one another. For your info, there is no sign that the swiftlets are dwindling with Duress being played in the farm. Now, I am seeing more nest marking (nest base) especially after 13 months operation where the babies had started maturing and starting to make their own nest with their new found partners.