Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Using Of Marble As Nesting Planks In Your BH !!!


Mr.N whom I met in Ipoh came to know about swiftlet farming through a guy who ordered specially made marble for a BH.

Mr.N operate a marble cutting factory in Ipoh. They are mainly used as your home floor layer. They are cool and easy to clean.

He was never an enthusiast but this client make him curious on why swiftlet farming is so attractive. Well you can guess how he stumbled to my blog.

He said this crazy client order about 700 pieces of those 8 feet by 6 inch by 1 inch slabs plus 300 pieces of 2 feet slabs plus 800 of those corner covers. (Price is about Rm 5 per foot). He has never obtain any order like this before.

He was asked to cut specially made grooves and anchoring holes on each slab.

He was amused and wonder why must it be "Marble" as the nesting planks?

Well I just heard about this new idea a week ago and I never know that I am meeting a marble slab manufacturer.

There are a few interesting points why marble might be good to consider. The only negative point is it's weight. They are pretty heavy and to hang from those ceiling you need to have a specially made hangers that will not give way and drop onto your head.

Main advantage is the coolness of the marble surface.

The marble surface duplicate those rock surface in a cave. These birds might like them.

Those fungus might have a tough time to grow on marble surface (?).

Since I have never visited any BH using marble as the nesting planks I do not want to make any assumptions.

I can see their good points but they are heavy.

Please make sure that you anchor them properly for if not they will drop onto you head.

An interesting new items to do my R&D. Oh yes I was given a piece (FOC) to try.

Well if you need any marble slab for your BH call Harry (017 7551318).

No comments: