Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Three Tasks In One Day !!!

While in Kedah took sometime to meet a few of my blog readers that have some interesting things to talk about swiftlet.

But first I badly needed to Post Laju those swiftlet books to two guys in Johore and Sabah.

After finishing the posting proceeded to Bukit Mertajam to meet Dr.Koh. I conducted a Birdcall test a few weeks ago and the result on his piece of land was outstanding.

He planned to proceed with a trial birdhouse which I proposed and he wanted to be ready before February 2008.

A task that I was looking forward to and I hope the unit will be up before Feb 2008. I am very sure it can be done.

While with him I was taken to Mengkuang Lake and have lunch at a mamak stall facing those swiftlet houses in BM.

After a good lunch went over to Sunway Hotel, Seberang Prai to meet Mr.Y.

Mr.Y have something very interesting to share with me. He brought along a gadget that I was very impressed with.

I called it "Smart DNA". DNA is for "detection and activate."

This beautiful piece of equipment allows you to:

a) Detect and log your BH humidity and temperature for at least 72 hours operation.

b) Activate your humidifiers or cool fan base on your precise setting instructions.

c) It comes with the necessary timer to run your amplifiers both your internal and external.

d) If you want to receive any sms message, in any events, you just need to plug in a mobile phone card system. This is optional.

e) You can also attach remote sensing equipment to detect any intrusion in your BH. This is optional.

f) The sensors can be placed anywhere in your BH and connected via cable.

Very impressive and the best news was that it was assembled in Penang.

Modular concept and affordable. I wanted to have one for myself and I hope to receive my unit by next month. Price, minimum configuration, is RM 3,500 plus installation of RM 400.

By 3.00pm I was in Gurun, Kedah meeting a school teacher Mr.O. He wanted my help to look at his Rm70K renovated BH with only 2 nests after 7 months.

After about 45 minutes in his BH I set down to write about 5 pages of hand written recommendations that he should look at.

Immediately after reading my recommendations Mr.O jump into his car and start the turn around operation with little time to waste.

He took me back to his BH and push me up the roof. What a tough job. On the roof detected his tweeters were not working. Changed for him.

Risk my life for a living but what ever it was I enjoyed being respected and feel honored when he solemnly declared that I am the best "Sifu" he has ever met.

Hey, what did I do? I just wrote 5 pages of recommendations and climbed to the roof top.

"Harry you are genius and every thing that you recommended make sense. Your willingness to share is the biggest gift to all BH owners."

Thank you very much. I just feel good if those I help do feel good.

I feel very bad that after spending rm70k he only have two nests.

No comments: