Search This Blog

Friday, January 9, 2009

Adjust Your Gate Closing Time !!!


I received a friendly call from some one whom I have a very high respect in Swiftlet Farming.

He is a true friend and very helpful in anything that concern those birds. He lives in KualaTrengganu and very active in the promotion of swiftlet farming.

Due to his good nature I always do what he asked me to. I treat him as my brother and will alway do.

At one time he called and asked me for small favour. "Harry I have a friend from Acheh who is looking at buying a Hygrostat. He will be in KL next week and I need you to get one unit and deliver to him."

Oh yes my friend I will just for your good heart. What I did was to take a long drive to Klang and collect the item and deliver to the Acheh guy. No question asked and I did that with a very happy heart.

Yesterday he wanted me to do a favour again. This small favour is to inform all those who owned and operate BH(s) in the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia.

If you are using those auto gate to open and close your bird's entrance please extend the opening till at least 10.00 pm.



It seem that during the monsoon season, those birds need to fly much further to find their food. As such they will reach home very late in the night.

Also he commented that it is true that during monsoon season the young birds suffered the most. There will be shortage of food and as such many young birds either commit suicide or die in their nests.

This is something very common but if we learned fast we might be able to do something when the same season came every year.

My suggestion is to encourage all birdhouse owner who face the same problem to get ready to breed those extra food for their respective BHs.

If you can work out during the egg hatching period then you can do a lot of favour to stop those young birds from dying.

Maybe there are other alternatives but breeding those insects in your BH during this monsoon period might be the best solution.

No comments: