Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Recommendations For A "Sick BH" In Patin Fish City, Temerloh, Pahang .


Started my trip to Termerloh, Pahang (Patin Fish City) early this morning (8.00 am). Reached home at 12.00 midnight.

Just after hitting the highway my car fuel light were blinking and I was damn sure there were no petrol stations until Genting Sempah about 100 kilometers away. Oh my. Quickly turned into Lanchang and manage to find a BHP station which was about to be closed.

Pheww that was closed.

Since I wanted a companion I managed to persuade a Newbie to accompany me.

Upon reaching Temerloh, at about 10.30am, have a small breakfast and called Mr.C.

Mr.C owned two BHs . One in Temerloh and the other in Mentakab.

His problems are similar to many new BH owners. Their BHs are either empty or the number of nests suddenly stop multiplying.

The one in Termerloh have been in operation for almost 1.5 years with only 6 nests while the Mentakab BH have only some markings.

Tour both the BHs and after about two hours managed to draft a 30 points recommendations full of details, sketches and explanations. I still need to write a full report after this.

As usual both BHs were not in good shape. Both were constructed by conventional "Consultant" who have very little ideas about what should be the most ideal methods to set a BH. They seem to be good it "Cut and Paste" those methods that they happened to see when visiting other BHs.

They use very little of their brains and never understand any scientific expalainations about those things that are made available in a BH. Good example are: those ventilation holes and arrangement of the tweeters.

Internal Temperature was the same as the ambient temperature (outside air) and the Humidity was nearly the same. If the external air is 64% the internal will be 65%. To them this is okay. I sould say that this is wrong and utter rubbish.

Both BHs were too bright and the outside air entering the BHs were as usual , big wide doors with exhaust fans blowing the air out, all those ventilations wide opened.

The so call "Consultant" have no idea what are the best temperature and humidity range required for a good BH. They do not even install any thermohygrometer to check the humidity and temperature.

To me this major faults are common and I guarantee that the next ten or 100 BHs that I will be engaged, will have exactly the same conditions. I can bet my head on them.

The sad thing was that the owner have little idea about these defects. They depend so much on the "Consultant" and the moment they got the keys back, after the warranty period, they were lost. Don't know what to do and where to begin.

Well that is life I guess and I can only help those who seek my opinions. If today I help to turn around two, on the same day there will be 20 new sick BHs are being lauched. So what to complain. Just look at the bright side of the situation. The more there are sick BHs out there the more I can earn a living.

God Bless Me ......


My method is to get the owner to really understand what they need to carry out. My 30 points of recommendations will not burden the owner more then the disappointments that was showing on their face.

After leaving them, received this SMS:

Dear Sifu,

We are very blessed to gain so much of knowledge from you today. Thank you so much for all the sharing and we will definitely follow all your recommendations to make our BH successful. Keep in touch and have a pleasant journey home :)

Best Wishes,
C and D

I feel so nice to receive such an adorable appreciation for the little things that I just did.

These good words make you want to do more for those who have the same kind of problems.

Just hope I will stay healthy and able to travel from North to South, East and West.

Latest:

This morning wrote a 45 list of things to do and email to Mr.C.

He started to read them and he called back and said:

"Harry I am so excited and the whole night I could not sleep thinking about those 30 points recommendations and now you push to 45. What a marvellous man you are."

"Let me go throught all the recommendations and I will arrange to meet you to go through one by one so that I can really understand what you are trying to say. Thank you Harry. I am blessed to have met you."

I am blessed to meet you and your wife too. I told him.

No comments: