Search This Blog

Friday, January 23, 2009

Service to Inspect Land Before Building A BH !!!


One of the participants during the Kucing GAHP Seminar sent me an SOS as follows:

"Harry,

After attending the seminar on birdnest which was held in Kuching recently, I am now very interested to be involved in this venture.

I have a 3 and a half acres of land located about 15 km from Kuching centre and I would like to use this land for this purpose. At the moment, there is nothing on this piece of land except for some stunted wild trees and shrubs.

If the condition is conducive, I would like to erect a multi-storey building where birds can come and build their nests on this land .

Right now, I do not know whether the site is suitable or not for the rearing of swiflets because I have not done any test on it and my knowledge on this business is rather limited.

I would be grateful if you can advise me on what I should do to start and get off the ground so that it will be succsssful.

Do not hesitate to ask for further questions if needed.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.Regards,

WL"

This is something that I was expecting after the 20 minutes talk given last Monday.

He did the right thing. If he wanted to minimise his risks, it is better to get the right advise and informations from some one who have the knowledge.

I replied as follows:

"WL,

There is no reason why U shud not consider to put up a unit.

However to be on the very safe side U need to do a preliminery site test to see if it is suitable for the project.

First U need to ensure that the land is agricultural land.

It must not be too closed to residential areas, school, airport, heavy industries and etc.

Then test for the number of birds that do come or pass by the area. The best is to buy a test unit for multiple testing operations. U need to make the test a couple of times at different time and different wheather.

U also need to closely observe the flight path of the birds above your land. If the land is ideally located, lots of birds flew above your land every morning and everning, then U have a gold mine with U.

Once that is done U need to get someone to prepare a paper plus the engineering plan of the building.

You need to submit to the local authority for the approval.

Upon receiving then u can proceed with the construction works.

To do the above U can consider various options but the best is to engage a person who will provide U with the test unit plus his expertise to ensure that U will minimise your risk to the maximum.

Call me if U need me to fly to kucing and bring along the test gadget. My fee excluding air ticket, hotel and meal is Rm 1,500 only (Sorry I am providing this service on a full time basis and I do need to earn some income to keep me going).

I can be there after the CNY.

Call me if U are sure of having my services.

Thank U

Harry

017 755 1318

I hope he will consider my recommendation and I am sure the above option will do good to him both long and short terms.

I will get ready a set of the birdcall gadget plus my favourite birdcall sound the Duress and MyCloud. Will let him own one when I finish the test.

To those of you who have land and wanted to know if there are enought AF birds please consider the proposed steps above.

You will not regret your actions.

No comments: