Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

A Common Mistakes which you can avoide !!!



"Pak Harry, I attended your Swiftlet Farming Seminar last weekend and I would like to seek a second opinion about my BH under construction."

That was the main conversation between myself and a blog reader.

Okay I will come over tomorrow morning and see what are not right. I told him.

The BH was under construction and it was about half way up, a total of three stories, about 30 feet by 70 feet.

Upon reaching the construction site I was very impressed with the number of birds hovering above the BH and the nearby areas.

Full of thick forest and a number of water reservoirs around it.

This owner seem to have done some homework and attending my swiftlet farming seminar was his last act.

Along the way he managed to learn a few things from here and there and come out with a design that will fulfill his dream.

Before entering I asked him to let me take a short tour around the house.  Did some checking on the direction of the sun and I started to sense something was not right.

I keep to myself and will tell him once I finished the tour up to the roof.

He seem to fully understood on the need of double wall with 4 inch thick Styrofoam plank sandwitched in between.

What caught my eyes was the color of the red brick.  It was not red but rusty red.  He explained to me that those red brick were unfired bricks.

Hmmm.... everyday you learned something, I told myself.

The number of ventilation holes were too many I told him. He need to close all except a few at the back.

The ceiling was a bit too rough with those wood joints.

The LAL looks okay from the ground floor looking upward.

The first floor was still not covered with any bricks.

The 2nd floor was about to be covered with wooden plywood to hold those cement.

I was not happy with the excessive monkey hole dimension.  I advised him to use the original beam and not current dimension.  He called his site supervisor and asked him to carry out the modifications.

During the walking down from the building I indicated to him where those VIP rooms to be build and how big it should be.

I also cautioned him on the placement of those amplifiers, never below those holes he used to pull the wires.

After the many more advises I broke the sad new to him about the wrong placement of the entrance hole.

Mr M, I need to tell you that you should have designed the entrance hole the opposite side.  The entrance hole should face the east and not the west.  This is mainly due to the fact that those birds needs the early morning light to guide them to fly out of your BH.  They need to be out of the house as early as possible.  Remember the word : Early birds catch the worms? Oops insect !!!

If you choose the west then there will be a short delay in getting the light inside the BH which will make those birds to wake up late.

Normally if this is the case those birds will tend to build their nests closed to the entrance hole area.  The other problem will be they will not colonies the lower floors.

Aye yer yer yer, I did not realized that Pak Harry and I am very disappointed that my first Sifu never advised me on the matter.

Well you better call him and make sure he learned from your bad mistake. He must be either a new sifu or never use know about this before.

It is better for him to learn from you now and don't let others using his service to have the same problem in the future.







No comments: