Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What Happened To Those Late Comers After You Shut Your External Sound?


Just something that you might have never thought before.

Have you ever wonder what happen to those young birds when you set your external sound to stop at, say 8:00 pm, and there are still some birds flying home until late at night?

I stayed late at one of the BH under revamp today and the owner was telling me that he installed those steel gate which will shut down at 8:00pm.

The moment the gate was closed I observed that there are still lots of birds that were not prepared to fly in between those 8" wide openings (gaps between those solid 2 inch diameter bars).

So what I did was to reset the door closing to 9:00 pm. The moment the gate was reopened those stranded birds do entered the house smoothly.

My next very important observation was the number of birds entering the house after the stoppage of the external sound.

The moment the external sound stopped the number of birds returning or entering the BH was not many. If you blast the external sound back the number will be higher. (Try and test for your self)

I think once you switched of the sound your BH will no longer have the pulling power or attracted to those birds which are still outside rushing home.

I strongly believed that we should play a low volume sound  after 8:00pm to pull those remnant young birds rushing to be back home.  You need those sound to pull them in. 

Hmm.... why can't we do something to pull those birds even after those external sound were stopped?


Is there any other method to let those late comers to stop at out house and not going back home?

Normally we have our internal sound on for 24 hours.

What if we place two small tweeters, 2"X5", at the entrance door but we connect them to those internal sound?

I have never done this before but my gut feeling told me that the number of birds will be higher as compared to having no sound at the entrance hole at all.

The best is to play those "BabyKing" as your internal sound.  I have discovered at many places "BabyKing" can be used both as internal and external sound.

Yeh, why not !!! My sincere advise is to try out and watch your CCTV screen and count the number of birds entering your BH once the external sound stopped.

Make sure the sound will not disturb any house or neighbors in the vicinity.

Best of luck to all those who wanted to try using this new discovery.  Keep this as your secret gained from being my blog reader.

If you wish to know more call 017 755 1318

No comments: