Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

On The Top Of A New BH In CHAAH !!!


Life as a swiftlet farming blogger does not looks easy.

Lots of travelling lately.

I just came back from Bukit Mertajam and today went down to Chaah Johore.

The owner with two new BHs wanted my opinion on his new hobby.

The first was ready, build by his father, but he wanted my opinion on what seem to be wrong.

His second unit was about 10 minutes drive into a Palm Oil estate on the top of a hill.

During my last Seminar he requested my present to ensure that the BH is ready for launching.

After about 45 minutes inside and outside the BH I listed some of my observations and recommendations.

My biggest concerned was the entrance hole size and the roving area.  They were not the right size for a new BH.

The monkey house seem to be more important to store those water container then allowing the birds to fly freely inside before coming down to the lower floors.

The first BH seem to have the most number of tweeters in Chaah.  1000 internal tweeters in total .

The second BH was deep inside the palm oil estate.

I wonder how will he get the electrical supply to the unit.

The owner make many major mistakes with the LAL and the staircases.

I did my best to ask him to change the location of the monkey house.


Conducted a birdcall test just to make sure.  Not bad.  About 1000 birds responded.

No comments: