Monday, December 27, 2010
Permatang Pasir BH Progress Was Encouranging !!!
This BH was put back into operation on October 25th 2010 after a revamping job on the nesting planks crossings, additional tweeters, creation of VIP rooms, chandeliers installation, aroma application and change of both the internal and external sounds. The external sound tweeters were totally replaced with a double hons tweeters.
Prior to this revamp works the nests population was only 100 and it was stagnant for almost 1.5 years. It seem that they only choose one or two corners with tweeters in placed.
The result shown after back into operation for only 2 months was encouraging.
The owner/caretaker was very concerned with the revamped works being undertaken but we showed to him the results on the signs of birds entering and staying.
He was expecting new nests within 2 months but we told him that they needs at least 3-5 months to get started with their nest. Once those birds started to stays, shown by those new bird shits on new areas, there will be a very strong chances that they will find their mate and build those nests.
The most exciting was in the main hall area where we installed new crossing nesting planks and add about 20 tweeters on each crossing.
The floor below the two crossings, especially below the tweeters were full on those fresh bird shit (whitish).
Inside the two VIP rooms the main areas with lots of bird shits on the floor were below the chandeliers.
There were also signs of birds below those cluster tweeters.
I was very sure that the number of birds increased was nothing less then 35 couples which is equivalent to about 35%. Prior to this the number of birds was estimated to be about 100 couples.
We could have improved if initially we have installed those hexagonal tweeters from day one. The hexagonal tweeter was installed just about three weeks ago after 2 months into operation.
Today change the internal sound to "SuperBabyKing" and the external using the SuperJerantut and NBU.
To improve the BH population I took my supervisor and the owner to perform some tasks:
1) Get more tweeters on the first newly installed nesting plank crossings.
2) To rearrange the tweeters on the second newly installed nesting plank crossings toward the flying path of those birds.
3) To increase the number of tweeters on the second newly installed nesting plank crossings.
4) A new set of amplifiers for both the internal and external to be upgraded.
5) To apply a special aroma every one week for at least 6 months.
6) To install at least 100 fake nests inside the hall area to encourage more young birds to short cut their nest building period.
7) To get ready for a force harvest operation within the next few months.
8) To get the owner to be prepared in implementing the "Conducive Regeneration" technique two months after the forced harvesting.
I am convinced that this BH will have at least 100% increase from 100 to 200 nests within the next 12 months.
Need to prove to the owner that to increase from 100 nests to 200 nests is much easier as compared to getting the first 100 nests from zero.
If you are having a similar situation where your BH nests population become stationary for a year or more, let me have a look and do the needful.
I will not guarantee a 100 % but can provide a kind of assurance that it will start increasing by at least 10% to 30%.
The most important is that you need to have at least 80 - 100 or more nests.
Call Harry at 017 755 1318 now for an appointment.