Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Visited A Mill To Order Some Nesting Planks !!!


Yesterday visited a mill producing meranti nesting planks and those corner covers.

The mill was in Jenjarum, Banting, Selangor.

Was introduced by a good friend sometime back and this was my third visit.

My first mission was to order about 8,000 feet of nesting plank woods for a BH in Ulu Langat.  My second was to assemble about 20 metric tons of wood for a Vietnamese BH owner.

Due to the rainy season the owner told me that there will a slight problem with the logs availability.  The logs are not being able to be taken out of the forest.

The interesting thing which I learned from the owner was on the various types of meranti.  There are at least three types of meranti.  The meranti bukit is the highest quality while the other two, I can remember their names, are not that red but whitish.

Again the meranti bukit there are two types once it is cut from the log.  The export grade and the local grade.

The export grade will be those cut in the middle of the log while the local grade will the balance.

The export grade will be about 50 percent more expensive than the local grade however it has the best quality to prevent fungus growth in your BH.

I took some time to take a good look at those woods in the storage areas and at the same time visited those machines cutting those corner covers.

I am very glad to have found a mill that can assure me my nesting planks are of the highest quality plus I can be there when they load my goods.

A very valuable experiences and I am sure I can put this visit into my tour package for those visitors.









No comments: