Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Still Believed That The Birds Flying Path Is Important To Your BH Design !!!


Today I started my day with assembling my two workers and collected all those tools for another revamping of BH venture.

This time was given a job in Semenyih, Negeri 9.

The owner finally decided to go ahead with the revamp works after scrutinizing my visit report done about two weeks ago.

Oh blind me, the affected BH is in the middle of the town and both left, right and the front were houses.

The moment arriving at the BH I went up to the top most floor to take a good look at the surrounding.  While doing that unplugged the water pipe to drain those water stored in one of the two pools.

I was curious on which direction was the birds flying home.

In the mean time there was this newbie who came to visit me with his big bike and wanted to enter a BH.  After a quick showing around he left the BH with a big smile.

"Thank you very much for such a short notice and yet you allow me to come over.  I have a piece of land in Raub, Pahang and wanted to build a BH.  Need you kind help."

The moment he left home my mind was up on the roof top trying to figure out the best method to start the revamp works.

I need to see for myself where those birds are flying home and how many are they?

What I did was to come back at about 6:30 pm and find the answers.

I told myself that I cannot take for granted and the only way to be sure is to get the exact direction.

I stood up on the roof top from 6:30 pm until darkness.

The birds were flying from the front towards the back but currently the entrance hole is facing the opposite direction.

The number of birds were a bit on the low side.  Since the BH owner was with me to learn what I was doing, I hinted to him that it will not be an easy task with such a low number of birds observed today.  What he must do is to be a bit patience.  He need to understand that if the number is low, the house need a longer gestation period.

Now the obvious way to go is to open a brand new entrance hole towards the front.  Well now it will be a big problem with the noise created.

I then remember my JV BH in Bentong Pahang.  It was more or less having the same noise pollution problems.  In fact my bazooka was facing directly towards the Chief Of Police bungalow.

I remember receiving a call from the BH owner asking me to come down to the BH immediately after he received a personal call from the BH association President.  I drove two hours just to shut the sound in total.

We then come out with a practical solution by erecting a kind of wall around the entrance hole and these wall manage to deflect the sound upward.

The design went well and until today no complains received but the number of birds now have reached about 3,000.

My workers have started to pull down a number of walls in the BH and by tomorrow I might want to proceed with those new entrance hole opening.

Those of you who are staying around semenyih or Kajang and would like to pay a short visit let me know.

There is nothing better to learn by visiting a BH.

Call 017 7551318.  There will be a small fee for every person.

No comments: