Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Another Poorly Designed BH In Karak !!!


I was about to reach home at Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur when a BH owner called for some help.

He sound very depressed and wanted to talk to me about his 9 month old BH located in Karak, Pahang.

The best was to meet me so that I can perhaps understand his situation.

I drove to Kajang, Selangor where he make his call and in no time he poured his problems.

What I can say was "Give me the opportunity to visit the BH and access the situation both external and internal.

This evening I took a one hour drive to Karak and after about 10 minutes drive deep in a Palm Oil plantation I saw his problematic BH.

From outside the BH looks okay but the moment you entered the BH you can immediately understand the problems.

He indicated that the BH was put into operation in August 2012, about 5 months back.

There were some traces of bird shit spots on the floor however most of them were not solid.  It looks like most of them have left the BH.

The external sound was not running or with proper volume, I told him.

The biggest mistake was the positioning of the entrance hole area and the Lubang Antara Lantai (LAL).

The two should be closed to each other but the builder make a poor decision.

The nesting planks looks whitish in colour and I think it was not those red meranti, which I love to have. The wood must be either dirty, covered with fungus or discoloured.

The ceiling planks arrangements where not the same on the third and the rest of the floors.  The third floor was with single step while the lower floors were with three steps.

The number of tweeters deployed were reasonable but there was no cluster tweeters.

There was only one type of piezo tweeter.  The contractor used the no brand 2"x5" tweeters for internal and external.  You cannot pin point which is which.

The entrance hole at the monkey house was a bit too low.  I would like it to be about 2 feet higher and on the left hand side.  Currently located on the right hand of the Monkey House wall.

There was only one entrance hole.  I prefer at least two holes.

All the three nesting rooms were opened with no partitioning or VIP room.  I insisted to have at least one VIP room per floor.

The amplifier used to play those internal and external were those cheap and low quality type.

There was no hexagonal tweeters used at the roof top area.

You can see why those birds were not interested to stay in this 360,000 ringgit BH.

He needed my expertise and I promised him that I will try to transform the BH into it's real potential.

My promised to him was to bring in at least 30-50 bird shit spots within the first month of operation.  These bird shit spots shall be a sure signs of nests within the next 3-4 months.

I hope I can turn around this BH and ensuring that his investment will result in some income.




No comments: