Saturday, January 14, 2012
Kuala Linggi Eco-Park!!!
I was invited to inspect a newly completed BH in Kuala Linggi, Melaka today.
I started as early as 7:30am from Kuala Lumpur and arrived at the said location at about 9:00am.
Hmm quite a long distance considering running at about 100km per hour on the average.
The owner admitted that he has very little idea and went in with the hope that the venture will promised an early retirement.
He begin to realize that there are many things that are not included with the signed S&P agreement on the one acre land and the ready made three stories building.
His curiosity landed my name and quickly rushed to meet me for a short discussion.
I was invited and since I was pretty free this week I accepted the offer.
One of the first observation made upon entering the BH are as follows:
1) The concept of buying a BH erected by a developer sound very simple and attractive. The developer will give you all kind of guarantees of good returns within less than 2-3 years.
2) The actual fact is that the BH was build with minimum features to even pull a set of birds into your BH.
3) You will be very surprised when you carry out the bird call test only 200 birds will response but the number of BHs already build is 5 with 40 more to come.
4) The surrounding areas were simply empty with no insect generating features at all.
5) Internally the nesting planks looks cheap and with signs of fungus growing.
6) Most of the nesting planks looks dirty with a number of foot markings.
7) Most of the nesting planks are with huge gaps with the ceiling.
8) The number of tweeters were little and most of them are with no brand name indicated on the back.
9) The cable used are those low quality type.
10) The nesting planks are far apart to reduce the wood tonnage.
11) There will be no crossings with additional planks.
12) No special features like fake nests and etc.
13) The sound used are not suitable and you will be surprised how irritating the internal sound was.
14) The entrance hole have very little gadgets to lure birds into your BH.
15) The amplifiers used were those lowest grade type that are fit for your chicken farm?
16) No VIP rooms created.
17) The whole BH smell very thick cement aroma.
18) There are no external sound inside the nesting rooms.
19) The floor were flooded with water leaking from those water hose.
20) Only two chicken coop humidifiers on the lowest floor.
21) The were at least 5-6 signs of owls entered the BH.
It was more like a shoe string budget BH with minimum configuration just to meet those basic terms and conditions indicated in your S&P agreement.
I was taken back and shook my head asking myself: "How do you aspect the owner to recover his investment if he was totally dependent on the so called developer?"
From supposedly becoming a healthy and wealthy person, you will be a slave to your banker.
I told the owner point blank that he will have the most 10 nests for the rest of his life if he do not make any effort to upgrade the BH internal and external.
My advise to any of you out there if you wanted to buy a BH developed by a so call eco park developer is do not put too much hope on the developer.
You need to rectify the BH yourself first before putting your BH into operation mode.
If you have no knowledge get someone who has and never place your fate in the developer's hand.
Call 0177551318 for help !!!!