Thursday, January 5, 2012
Those Little Things That Can Improve Your Birds Population !!!
The new year seems to be a good start to me.
First was a revamp operation on a BH in Gambang. After almost a week revamping I did some test with my innovations.
1) First was to make the entrance area more attractive to those wild birds. I placed a hexagonal tweeter in the middle plus a few more water proof external tweeters.
2) Clean the pool about 10 wide X 15 feet long. There was no drainage pipe to remove those water. Got my boys to improvise a method to drain and clean it. Now, after cleaning, we can called it a pond.
3) The roof area where it will form a water curtain during heavy rain was provided with a gutter. I could not understand why the previous contractor ignore this important installation.
4) The flight path from the pond area into the nesting room area were initially with no pull tweeters. Now I placed about 8 tweeters. This will help to guide those birds into the house.
5) My "Last Tango" system was incorporated in this particular BH. The loud sound started at about 6:30pm and last up to 8:00pm.
6) The BH floor seems to be not water proof. I have decided to dry the water on the floor. They are seeping to the lower floor and damaging the nesting planks.
7) The wrongly installed crossing were removed and the affected planks were recycled to be placed on the ceiling floor. Looks much better now with no gaps.
8) Each floor I provided with two VIP rooms. One on the front and the other was at the back. The door of each VIP room was about 3.5 feet.
9) The walls were painted with black from 3 feet below the planks to the floor.
10) The number of internal sound tweeters now are almost doubled with lots of clusters (four tweeters at one location).
11) Each VIP room has a chandelier and a kite tweeter. The lower floor I provided with two of each.
12) I believed in installing those fake nests. Managed to personally installed about 250 fake nests plus 100 foam fake nests.
13) I have decided to use those cool mist humidifier operated via a automatic humidifier controller.
14) The floor were sprayed with Mutiara aroma for two days.
15) The fake nests were sprayed with special pheromone to promote those birds to stay.
16) I used two amplifiers, nikkodo 5201, for the external sounds. One for the morning and one in the evening.
17) The Last Tango was utilized by installing an auto changer with extra Hager timer.
18) The two floors internal sounds runs on two separate amplifiers provided by the BH owner.
19) The BH light controlling switches were moved to the data room.
20) I was obligated to install a CCTV camera with remote monitoring system.
During testing, yesterday, I can easily says that the number of birds that flew in during the peak hours was about 200 birds.
I planned to shut the BH for at least two to three months once completed.
Tentative date will be January 15th, 2012.