Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Roxbrough Fig Trees At UKM, Bangi Campus !!!


Today, January 15th 2012, I was given a short tour to view at closed range of a Figs tree whose fruits can be eaten.

The taste of the fruit is closed to those hairy peach fruit.

Some people said that by eating the ripe fruits you will be able to purge those worms out of your stomach.

The leave can be turn into tea and it can cure high blood pressure (what they said).

This morning my wife and me was invited to view a number of these figs trees located inside University Kebangsaan Malaysia at Bangi, Selangor compound.

I was pretty excited to have a close range look on the 15 feet high trees.

The best was that all the trees were fruiting and some are ready to be harvested.

I plug three of those ripped fruits and ate them after proper cleaning being done.

The fruit is quite big and they tend to grow on a special branch that seems to be for fruit growing only.

Have look at these pictures and enjoy the view.

I have taken some branches and put into nursery mode.

Those who have never seen the tree can come to KL and I will be very happy to show the tree.

Come and enjoy a Figs Tree Tour.

Call 0177551318 for more details.


























2 comments:

Rich said...

The fig tree is popular here in New York.

Anonymous said...

Can anyone go in to UKM and plug the branches back? I have been searching this tree for months.