Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Year 2011: Marvellous Discoveries Year !!!



The year 2012 just started and we have little choice to leave year 2011.

To me year 2011 was one of the best year of my life as a researcher in swiftlet farming.

I discovered so many interesting ideas and have with little reservation shared all of them with my blog readers.

Most of them will help to improve your BH if you know exactly how to implement them.

I also feel great to have the honour to teach more than 300 newbies who attended my "Secrets on Swiftlet Farming" Seminars.

I believed all of them benefited from my talks and I hope many will now be successful swiftlet farmers.

The only sad back was the nitrite problems found in mainland China that causes the raw and processed nest drop to record low.

I still believed in this white gold and I read somewhere today that the Chinese authorities will put the product back to its normal position by April 2012.

Among the many discoveries that cherished my 2011 are as follows:

1) Dual entries system.
    An interesting BH design that I happened to discover when I visited a BH in Pekan Nenas.  The person who use this design claimed that the number of birds occupying his dual entries design increased three times.

2) The VIP room.
     An interesting idea to create a room at the end of the nesting room.  Also discovered accidently during my visits to more than 10 BHs. Those birds in these 10 BHs simply loved to hide themselves in these specially made rooms.

3) The Last Tango sound arrangement.
     Discovered very recently about two months ago.  The idea is to blast the external sound volume louder just before those birds started to return to your or neighbours BH.  In Peninsular Malaysia the time is around 6:50pm until 7:45pm.

4) The Cluster tweeters arrangements.
     One very distinct observation in many BHs I visited are those bird shit spots on the floor.  I would say that 80% of them are found below those cluster tweeters.  Base on this observation I adopted the use of cluster tweeters in all my new BH or those revamped.

5) Chandelier Tweeters.
     If you think cluster tweeter is good, what if you put 8 tweeters in one location?  I have tried this interesting idea and it works marvellously.  I coined the word chandelier to give it a special place where more birds will be sharing the same place.

6) Kite Tweeters.
    Another strange idea which was used in a BH in Kota Bahru Kelantan.  If you tenant do not want to populate any area inside your BH, you might want to consider using this special "Kite Tweeters".

7) Waste Wood Corners.
    What can you do with those excess nesting planks that are shorter than a foot?  Use them as your waste wood corners.  I have seen how they help to populate a BH in Kelantan.  If you are smart you can help to populate all those areas that are not 90* corners.

8) Mutiara Aroma.
    The cost to buy any aroma in the market is way to high for an average income swiftlet farmers.  I stumbled into this formulation and did my own mixing.  The moment it works I shared this formula with at least 30-50 people so far.  It will cost you less than 10 ringgit a litre to make.

9) External Sounds.
    Most of my recommended sounds works well in many locations.  The best are those proven in so many locations.  Good examples are : marvellous cloud, Tongkat Ali, Pukau, King Kong, Black cloud, Super 208, Diamond, Pandora3 and Lady Gaga.  I strongly believed that if you wanted to start your sound collection try to start with these few.

10) Internal Sounds.
     The best was to introduce the sound called Superbabyking.  This sound was actually Babyking sound but I modified it to increase the percentage of baby sound in it.  It works well in many places and one of them was in Yong Peng.  A swiftlet farmer is distressed called for help to stop those birds that entered the BH from running out once the external sounds were stopped. I recommended this sound and it works.

11) Sound Arrangements.
     I toiled with the idea that if you want to extend the effectiveness of any sound is to use them only during those peak hours.  I came out with a series of sound put together in a single thumb drive.  Each of these external must be modified so that they are equal length (60 mins) and their volume be within the same range. You then arrange the sounds to be in a series where the most effective sound be played only at the most effective time.

12) The internal sound selection.
     What will be the best sound for your BH?  The answer I discovered was simple.  Get the most effective sound and modify it to have 60% of it those baby sound.  If you know that effective sound you can just use those sound editor software to modify them.

Well those were the 12 discoveries.  It looks like I discover one every month.

I hope to discover more or less the same number this year.

May god bless all of you.

If I have forgotten to wish you "A Happy New Year 2012" Please accept my apology.

Happy New Year to all and let us work towards a better 2012.

No comments: