Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Revamp Operation Completed !!!



Yesterday morning I was in Kulai, Johor with a blog reader.

He accompanied me to view his under performed BH and wanted my opinion on what to be done to reactivate the BH.

It was put into operation for two and half years with only 3 miserable nests.

We were at the BH about 6:30am and waited for those birds from his neighbours to start flying out.

After watching those birds for about 30 minutes I told him to open his BH door and allow me to review the BH.

Since there were only three nests for 2.5 years I think you can visualized what mistakes were done.

I normally will start from the entrance hole area and move towards the lowest floor.

To an ordinary person there is nothing wrong with this BH however to an experience person he can see the many mistakes that could have been avoided.

He replayed the CCTV recording and you will be surprised that the birds do entered the entrance hole but rarely enter the nesting rooms.

What could be the reasons?

I took some time to analyse the situation and promised to prepare a visit report on what to be done.

My answer to him was to carry out some major revamp.

Late last night I managed to pull together my report and email to him.  There were at least 12 major issues and I hope he will do the needful.




After the inspection I push up to Kuala Linggi, Melaka.  The revamped BH was up and ready to be left alone.

Upon reaching bought some lunch and ate together with my workers.

They were very happy to see me and ready to go.

I did my final inspection on all the floors and the sound system.

I know, deep in my heart, this BH will do well.  I prayed to my creator to help in populating the BH since I have put in everything that I have invented.

"God please help to populate this BH for I have install all the things that I know those birds loves to have."

I shut the front door and says goodbye to the house.

"Bye bye dear BH.  You make sure everything runs as required and let those birds stay in peace."

I called the owner and told him of my departure.

The back part of the BH was ready for those insects breeding roofing area with a water outlet. He planned to install some large containers and put in some rotting pineapples.

Told him that before we left there were about 15 to 20 birds on his BH rooftop.  It was never like this before  my revamp works.

He was very happy with the news and we need to give at least one month to inspect the nesting rooms.

Best of luck to your BH, I told him.







No comments: