Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

Do You Ever Wonder !!!



I must admit that this new revamp job is pretty exciting and challenging.

It looks very easy but I wonder why this BH was empty for almost 3 years. Ops sorry only three nests so far.

What I mean by "it looks easy" is because the BH is about 20 feet away from a very very successful BH.

Day in and day out there will be at least 20-100 birds circling its roof top.

In the evening there will be thousands that flew above the BH.  Yes the flying path is on the top of it.

Just view this video clip taken at about 3:00pm, and judge yourself.

In the evening there will be at least 2-3 thousands that will flying on the top of the BH towards their resting house.

The bagging sound on the background was from the sick BH where my workers were removing some of the cement walls that blocked the bird's flying path inside the nesting rooms.


I estimated that the total number of birds in the successful BH is more than 6,000 birds and every breeding cycle (4 months) there will be about 6,000 young birds will be generated.

One year there will be 6,000 X 3 = 18,000 young birds and where all of them went to?

Well since there are so many young birds how come this particular BH that need my attention cannot even lure 100 birds?  She has only 3 nests which is equivalent to 6 birds.

You see what I mean by "Do you ever wonder?"

I was made to understand that the owner so far engaged two "Sifus" and one "Spiritual Master" but nothing prominent happened for almost 3 years.

The owner wanted to give up but one of the three partners wanted to give the BH one last breath.


That was how I was asked to come and see what can be the reasons why the BH is so very sick.

About two weeks ago I came to view and I told the owner that his BH is at the right location but wrongly designed.

The person who was given the job to convert seems to have very little knowledge about those birds.

The entrance hole was facing the wrong direction.

It was also too small about 2 feet by 1.5 feet.

The birds flying path from the side entrance hole into the nesting rooms was not smooth.

The monkey house was clogged with unused items that scared away those birds once they entered the opening.

There were too many cement walls inside the house so much so it was difficult to find the right ways to make the birds to stay.

The LAL was too small and not properly located. My biggest concern was getting the birds to fly above the LAL every time they entered and leaving the BH.

One big challenge will be its closed proximity with residential houses. The sound cannot be too loud and there is one "Chinese Man" who cannot stand the bird call sound. Every time he feel irritated he will call the Local Authority to shut all the BHs at the back of his house.

There were a few more things that needed my attention which I think are not good to mention in this article.

After three days of cleaning up and rearranging those entrance hole and tweeters my first test run got in almost 30-50 birds.

From the CCTV camera observation it looks like they are in a better position to enter the opening hole into the nesting room.

I hope by end of next week I will be able to put the BH into operation mode.

I am very optimistic that once put into operation there will be at least 50-100 bird shit spots on the floor within the first four weeks.

Those of you who wanted to learn my technique of revamping a sick BH please come and join the fun.

Call 017 755 1318

To those who owned a BH that have not been performing, you might be in the same boat.  The only best thing to do is let me have a visit to your BH for a second opinion.

Remember you are not the only one with Empty BH syndrome.  There are at least 80% BH owners out there face the same problem.

No comments: